Nekoosa, WI 2nd Week of August 2016

Let's get together!

Re: Nekoosa, WI 2nd Week of August 2016

Postby snowball » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:40 pm

bertk523 wrote:
snowball wrote:very tempting. want to make a trip to Iowa this summer had hopes that dd would be able to go with me
but she was sick for the better part of two weeks bye bye vacation...then her son is hoping to get married this
summer Aug was mentioned so that will be something to figure in when making plans...if I do it will be via car and tent
sheila

Not sure where you are headed in Iowa, but I know 2 of us plan to be near Iowa City in mid April. I should post it on the board...we happened to just find out about our common place adventure on facebook.

actually if I make it to Iowa this summer which I plan on doing just not sure when...I would be in Columbus Junction just south of Iowa City and East a bit...
right now I'm in Utah waiting till May when I will go join my 5th wheel in Idaho...
If I was going to be in Iowa at the right time would join up with you
sheila
snowball

Postby snowball » Sun May 08, 2016 11:53 pm

What are the dates of the gtg? the wedding date has been set Aug 12 so tell me what the
gtg dates are something tells me they will match :(
sheila
snowball

Postby Colliemom » Sat May 14, 2016 6:41 am

You are probably right Sheila. I will be in Michigan's U.P. from July 31st through August 8th and then probably wander into WI toward the GTG on the 9th. So my guess is some of us will be monkeying around there when the wedding takes place. Some who may be working won't be able to come till that next weekend I would imagine. Once Linda gets to her Workamping job, then we will know more. Hang in there.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby Colliemom » Thu May 26, 2016 7:13 am

Well, guess this possible GTG won't be happening since Linda went west. Go west young women, go west :D course doesn't mean some can't GTG anyway. I'll be back n MI Upper Peninsula from July 31 to Aug. 8th.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby gingerK » Thu May 26, 2016 8:07 am

I will be at Mississippi Palisades S.P. just north of Savannah, IL on August 25-28 with the Northern IL Camping Club. You could join us there, if you want to work your way down south. We could hit Galena then.
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby gypsyrose1126 » Thu May 26, 2016 12:17 pm

Oh that is to bad the GTG in WI won't happen -- I don't know what my plans are yet. I will just keep an eye on the GTG's and once I am close to the end of my contract I can make plans.
Rosemary
gypsyrose1126

Postby Colliemom » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:37 am

Is there any interest in having a GTG at this park anyway?
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby IrishIroamed » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:59 am

I'm still interested in getting somewhere in the Fall, but was thinking more mid-September. Anything for me though is going to depend on the project from he _ _ .

Meant to ask Sue, when is your latest date for a Fall GTG. If I remember correctly, you winterize earlier than I would because it gets colder & sooner where you are.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby gingerK » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:02 am

In September, I'm already booked for Brown County in IN.
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby Colliemom » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:18 am

Cheryl, I usually winterize around first or second week of October. Depends on weather. I have camped into the first part of October. I am seriously thinking of heading down to Brown County SP in IN for the WomenWhoRV gathering down there from Sept. 29-Oct. 5/6. d I understand that when fall comes, that park is full up, so am thinking I had better get reservations in pretty soon here. Friend of a friend who lives in Elkhart told me it's a beautiful area and i should go down there. Now that could also possible be a site for a WRV GTG too in Sept. But some of the gals also belong to the other group too.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby gypsyrose1126 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:04 am

I would love to get together at some point this fall, but time is so limited for me. I have a small reunion from Sept. 26 for a couple days north of Duluth in MN. A bunch of us "girls" that were PE majors in college are getting together to see if we recognize each other! :lol: Some I have not seen since graduation, and I am not telling you when that was :!:
A friend and her husband are thinking of coming up in Aug. right when I was going to take my grandson to MT. Rushmore. So I will just keep watching the board and see what you guys come up with, if I can make it, I will join you.
Rosemary
gypsyrose1126

Postby bikerchic777 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:16 pm

Thanks for taking over the GTG for me, Sue :D The job in WI was not a good match for a number of reasons, so Beth offered me a job in Keystone, SD, again. I'm back to work at the convenience store for the summer. Of course, if anyone is interested in a GTG here, there are usually plenty of sites available at the Travelodge RV Park, where we stay...as long as it's not during Sturgis Bike Week (Aug 8-14).
Linda, Rags, and Brutus full-timing it in our 2017 Winnebago Micro Mini, Thumbelina.

When life throws you a curve, lean into it!
bikerchic777

Previous

Return to Get Togethers