Port Lavaca, TX GTG March 9-15

Let's get together!

Postby retiredhappy » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:47 pm

My friend Carole and I have reservations at Oceanside RV Park in Port Lavaca March 9th thru the 15th. Just found out the park is directly across from where Sparkle was parked on the beach. She and Beth are coming back to be there when Carole and I are there. Look out Port Lavaca - the RV women are coming to town. Anyone else interested in coming down for a few days?
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Re: GTG - GTG - GTG

Postby Carolinagal » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:08 pm

I would sure love to, but its impossible right now. I'll be looking forward to lots of pics from you all. Sounds like a lovely place to gather.

Safe travels all

Carol
Carolinagal

Postby Redetotry » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:19 pm

What good timing, I'm heading to Austin with friends but don't have to be there until the 13th. Hopefully we will be able to make a stop in PL.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby Bethers » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:32 pm

I will get there sometime on the 12th - and will leave either Sat or Sun depending on my work schedule that weekend.

Moved this to gtg room :) Changed heading to provide dates/place.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: Port Lavaca, TX GTG March 9-15

Postby Redetotry » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:21 am

My friends found they won't be able to go to TX with me. I wondered if anyone else might be going and would want to sort of caravan. I don't have an RV and will stay at RV parks with cabins or Bed and Breakfasts along the way. I'll be leaving from Illinois heading down toward New Orleans on Rt. 55.
Update
Looks like travel is not in my immediate future. I'm having a cyst removed from my 'lower cheek" next Thursday. The doctor said it will take a couple of weeks to heal so,....not in time to make the GTG.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby Birdie » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:20 am

I am new to RVing and to the forum. Consequently, this post may be incorrectly completed. I am going to try and make it down to Port Lavaca for this get-together. Will know Thursday if I can make it.
Birdie :o
Birdie

Location: After 10 years full-time, I am off the road in North FL!

Postby Echo » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:44 pm

OMG!!!

Ya'll are gonna be having so much fun!!!

A TX GTG, a PA GTG and maybe a FL GTG!!!!! And here I sit stuck!!!! Ya'll are killing me!!!! :cry: Well you do know what that means don't ya??????? LOTS AND LOTS of pictures!!!!

Dang Karen ya'll down there might even get to be the first ones to meet and greet the newbie!!! How kool.
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Postby Bethers » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:05 pm

Hi Birdie,
You posted perfectly. I see you mentioned in your intro post that you would want hookups - you might want to check with Karen and see if the place she'll be will have anything available. I'm expecting it to be busy there - and it's very small - so I would give them a call if you can make it and check soon.

If they don't - hope you will consider boondocking for a few days -

Either way - hope you can make it.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby retiredhappy » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:55 am

The RV park we're staying in is Oceanside RV Park, right on the beach. Their phone is (361) 564-0055. They have 10 sites and as of this morning they still have a few with water and electric only available. Their rate was $125 a week plus electric. They are a Passport America park (two nights only) Their address is 1162 No. Ocean Drive, Port Lavaca. COME ON DOWN. Of course, you can always boondock with Beth and Sparkle.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby retiredhappy » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:10 pm

Just emailed with Birdie (Nancy) and we're going to meet up near Three Sisters and caravan the rest of the way. Let's see; that makes, me, Carole, Beth, Sparkle and Birdie. ANY MORE CAN MAKE IT???????
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Bethers » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:39 pm

Yeah! And my friend here, Sheryl, is going to be coming and boondocking also. Maybe we'll get her to this site yet!

Nancy, are you coming for the entire week? I won't get there till sometime on Thursday, the 12th.
Beth
Bethers

Postby retiredhappy » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:24 pm

beth, tell SHeryl that if she wants a Flamingo glass she has to join the forum.. I find that blackmail often works well. If you leave Sunday we may caravan behind you to PA. Should we make reservations? Do you take the ferry or the bridge?
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Bethers » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:31 pm

You best call and make sure there are sites available and make a reservation. The park is full almost every day right now - and was full on the 15th-19th but someone cxl'd 4 sites - Sparkle got one of them. I don't know if the others are still available - so get your call in!!! Feel free to tell them you are a friend of mine - don't know if it'll help or not. Sheryl works in the office, but is off till Monday of next week - and I wouldn't wait till then to call!
Beth
Bethers

Postby relaxing101 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:41 am

Oh how I envy all of you! I did manage to get the RV and my 90 year old mother together for a few day trips last weekend but it was very difficult for her getting in and out of the RV so any future or long distance trips are out of the question! I hope all of you have a safe and wonderful trip and give us lots of pictures!

Bonnie
Life is a maze full of choices! Choose your path wisely!
relaxing101

Postby Birdie » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:47 am

Beth, I will be driving down Three-River. to meet up with Karen on Monday, then caravaning from there with her. I expect to leave PL on Saturday (14th). My mother is ill so things could change. I will be headed to SE Oklahoma after I drop the trailer off at the storage spot, unless mom gets worse and I have to leave earlier. If that happens then I'll just take the "Birdie Egg" with me. See ya there.
Birdie
2012 Class A Winnebago 30T (is for sale)
Coach House Platnium (my now rig)
Chevy HHR
Birdie

Location: After 10 years full-time, I am off the road in North FL!

Next

Return to Get Togethers