MI GTG - June

Let's get together!

MI GTG - June

Postby Colliemom » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:48 pm

This is not an official GTG per say, but I am thinking of spending a few days in southern MI pssibly at South Haen KOA near Covert from around June 15-19th or Brighton Recreation Area from June 19-22 or so . I have never been to the areas around South Haven, Saugatuck etc. and thought it might be fun to explore. Brighton Rec area is great for camping, biking, hiking and they also have horse riding stables. Thought I would throw it out there if anybody's interested.

http://www.southhavenkoa.com

http://www.michigandnr.com/parksandtrai ... &type=SPRK If you click on each of the links below, it will bring up campgrounds, and other information.
Last edited by Colliemom on Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: MI GTG - June

Postby IrishIroamed » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:46 pm

Sue ~ This one may be do-able for me, but once I get a better handle on my project go live (probably being postponed until the Fall), and check out everyone's departure dates for the yearly convention, I'll have a better idea about it.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby Colliemom » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:23 pm

Sounds good Cheryl. I just changed the link for Brighton Rec area. The other one wasn't a good one. If you scroll down and click on the links above the phone numbers for the various campgrounds and other info, it will bring up those sites. I"m kind of favoring heading to Brighton as costs at KOA are kind of high, ranging from $40 up to $72 a night. But since I already have the MI Recreation Passport, it would cheaper for the Brighton sites. But KOA has hookups and cable and WiFi and all that stuff we really don't need. Or do we :lol:
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

CANCELLED: MI GTG - June

Postby Colliemom » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:57 pm

Change of plans. Now have reservations at Mitchell State Park in Cadillac, MI for June 19-21. Anybody want to join me, get reservations in as this busy park.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby IrishIroamed » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:51 am

Sorry can't make this one Sue :cry: Our convention starts the 24th so no vaycays from the 20th thru probably 7/5. Four hours is a bit much for me also for a weekend. Bummer.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby Colliemom » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:08 am

No prob Cheryl. Just threw it out here if anybody happens to be around. This is a week day thing anyway. 4 hours for us in MI for a weekend is no big deal as the majority of campers do just that here. But it's mostly a straight shot north from the big cities. When I was working, my trips were two nighters, but close to home.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Return to Get Togethers