Fall 2016 Midwest GTG

Let's get together!

Fall 2016 Midwest GTG

Postby IrishIroamed » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:00 pm

Just throwing this out there to get opinions of places, dates, and possible attendees since it's been mentioned in a couple of posts...

If anyone is interested in another fall Midwest GTG, throw out your ideas and we'll see if something can be done.

Here's mine:
Dates: After Labor Day
Location: Any state surrounding Lake Michigan (IL, MI, WI, IN) but doesn't need to be near the lake. Just thinking any further out (MN, IA, OH) may be a little far for me, but am open to ideas.

Since I'm a newbie at this, I have no suggestions for specific campgrounds, but would like some fall colors (but Door Country WI is probably out of the question already)
Last edited by IrishIroamed on Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Re: Fall 2016 Midwest GTG

Postby gingerK » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:01 pm

Was thinking of Galena at that time. Not on the lake but near the Mississippi and seems to have lots to do. There is a campground with full hookups about 2 miles from the town. I am planning on a trip up that way earlier in the year to check things out and see the campground.
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby snowball » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:26 pm

won't that be too early to see 'color'? would think into Oct would be better but then it's been years
since I've been in the midwest during the fall
sheila
snowball

Postby BirdbyBird » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:44 am

Ask Catherine about being new and setting up a GTG. :) Really just jump in. Sure collect suggestion if you want but if there is someplace that sounds interesting to you go for it. Folks will either be able to come or not but the number of attendees doesn't really make the GTG....the folks that come having fun will do it. :)
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby IrishIroamed » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:09 am

Yes Tina, I'm still looking for myself and will post something if I decide on something, but doesn't hurt to throw it out there. And yes Sheila, it would be early for fall colors, but if I / we head north there may be some starting.

Changed my dates & location a bit to clarify it doesn't have to be on Lake Michigan.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby gypsyrose1126 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:05 pm

I camped in Door county last year last week of Sept. and first week of Oct. Leaves were just starting to turn, but of course this year may be different. There were plenty of open camping spots at the State parks and RV Parks.
Rosemary
gypsyrose1126

Postby Redetotry » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:04 am

I think the Galena area sounds interesting. You said after Labor Day Cheryl, did you mean any time after, because the second weekend in Oct. is good for color there, maybe third week in Sept. if farther north?
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby Bethers » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:49 pm

Redetotry wrote:I think the Galena area sounds interesting. You said after Labor Day Cheryl, did you mean any time after, because the second weekend in Oct. is good for color there, maybe third week in Sept. if farther north?

Hmm, no guarantees, but 2nd weekend or later in October and I could maybe make it. Maybe lol my job finishes up just before that and the next isn't booked yet....
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby snowball » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:46 pm

depending upon what I decide to do I might even try for this one really want to go to Iowa and see family
been several years since I've been out ..so if I get a truck I can afford to drive and tow or if I get a smaller motor home
or just take a car for a visit it might work we will see
sheila
snowball

Postby gingerK » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:10 pm

I thought I posted here replying to BJ's suggestion for an October GTG in Galena but I don't see my post. Another Halloween GTG would be fine by me. I'm tenatively planning a quick trip up to Galena in May to check out the campground that I've been looking at for a GTG.
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby Bethers » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:54 am

gingerK wrote:I thought I posted here replying to BJ's suggestion for an October GTG in Galena but I don't see my post. Another Halloween GTG would be fine by me. I'm tenatively planning a quick trip up to Galena in May to check out the campground that I've been looking at for a GTG.

You mentioned it somewhere, where ever I mentioned hayrides there, and I saw it!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby YodaRules » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:04 am

I'm looking for something to do from mid-June through mid-October. This will be a fun thread to follow.
Patsy
My Blog: http://looking4yoda.blogspot.com
Relaxing, Rock Hunting, Prospecting, Star Gazing, Fishing and looking for UFOs along the way!!

YodaRules

Postby grammynmaggie » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:12 am

Where is Galena?
grammynmaggie

Postby Bethers » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:22 am

grammynmaggie wrote:Where is Galena?

Northwest corner of Illinois.
Beth
Bethers

Return to Get Togethers