Feb 12 to 19th..Hardee Lakes again...

Let's get together!

Re: Feb 12 to 19th..Hardee Lakes again...

Postby carold » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:48 pm

If I can, I might drive over one day like I did last year. carold
carold

Postby Oma » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:48 am

The Hardee County fair starts on Feb 12th in Wauchula if anyone wants to go.
Oma

Postby bluepinecones » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:38 pm

No free Internet here at Hardee Lakes so being a bit stingy with time on-line but figured I could share a couple of photos. Left to right standing: Vickie, Carol, Donna, Soos, Nan, Margie, Patsy, Seated: Sarah and Brenda. Margie and Vickie had to leave today but we have another Brenda coming in late this afternoon.
Saturday afternoon, Dave, Vickie's husband gave us a dutch oven cooking class. He made turkey pot pie with corn bread topping plus a pineapple upside down cake. We got to eat both at the evenings pot luck. Here are Patsy and Nan mixing the cake and corn bread.
I got a little closer to tree than intended when backing in, a skill I have not yet mastered
At last nights campfire, Donna and Margie had made some kind of puffy with white chocolate; Nan and Carol decided to lick the bowl as it all disappeared quickly
ImageRain moving in this afternoon thru tomorrow morning but after that passes, looks like we will have some near perfect weather for several dys.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby Bethers » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:41 pm

Thanks for bringing us with!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BarbaraRose » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:04 pm

Looks like lots of fun! Would love to sample that Pineapple Upside Down cake!
I love licking the bowls especially with anything chocolate involved!
Donna, I have those same Mickey Mouse fleece pants!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby snowball » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:59 pm

looks like a fun time is being had for all. will you be posting the recipe
for what was in the bowl that disappeared so fast?
sheila
snowball

Postby MsBHaven » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:46 pm

Recipe

1 bag of Chester's puffed corn with butter
1 bar of Baker's white chocolate

Put 1/2 bag of puffs in a bowl

Slowly melt a fourth of the white chocolate in microwave (Stir to keep it from burning)
Mix white chocolate with puffs (use a tablespoon). Melt another fourth of the chocolate and mix with puffs.

Pour the other 1/2 bag of puffs into the same bowl and repeat the above process to melt the remaining chocolate and stir.

Enjoy! Note: The original recipe called for almond bark instead of white chocolate, but I couldn't find almond bark which is even better than white chocolate.
2013 Thor Chateau Citation Sprinter - 24' 10" - 2 slides

Ms"B"Haven (Margie)

3 Chihuahuas (Buddy, Annie, Maggie)
MsBHaven

Postby snowball » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:09 pm

MsBHaven wrote:Recipe

1 bag of Chester's puffed corn with butter
1 bar of Baker's white chocolate

Put 1/2 bag of puffs in a bowl

Slowly melt a fourth of the white chocolate in microwave (Stir to keep it from burning)
Mix white chocolate with puffs (use a tablespoon). Melt another fourth of the chocolate and mix with puffs.

Pour the other 1/2 bag of puffs into the same bowl and repeat the above process to melt the remaining chocolate and stir.

Enjoy! Note: The original recipe called for almond bark instead of white chocolate, but I couldn't find almond bark which is even better than white chocolate.

for us in another region what is Chester's puffed corn? bagged pop corn? if so one could use there own homemade I presume
thanks for the recipe sounds yummy
sheila
snowball

Postby MsBHaven » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:47 am

No, it isn't popcorn. It is like those orange-looking cheese puffs in a bag, only without the cheese. I found the puffed corn here in Florida at Publix and Walmart.
2013 Thor Chateau Citation Sprinter - 24' 10" - 2 slides

Ms"B"Haven (Margie)

3 Chihuahuas (Buddy, Annie, Maggie)
MsBHaven

Postby grammynmaggie » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:01 am

Good morning it's Wednesday and we are socked in by the fog... but that will not stop us we are going thrift shopping today... been a great fun GTG so far... last night we had snack & yak dinner along with the campfire... I think Sandy made a reservation to come over on Thursday through the weekend ... and I extended my stay to leave on Sunday instead of Friday I'm having to much fun.... and y'all know how I feel about camp driveway....Pheebe is doing great when she gets to know you and expecially if you have fur legged fur babies she calms down and doesn't carry on hysterically... in fact so far she really hasn't had one meltdown the trip... I'm really proud of her she has come a long way... I got a mod done on my Rv I invested in one of those King Jack antenna... so far I am loving it the real test will come back at camp driveway... all for now I have to get ready to go thrift shopping have a good one & B safe ....donna
grammynmaggie

Postby MandysMom » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:18 pm

My friend Brenda Berry, who is on the group but been inactive, may try to look you up. She is in FL visiting her Mom. I gave her the info today. She just replaced her camper that was lost in a flood with a new to her Roadtrek.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby bluepinecones » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:05 pm

Tell you friend she would be welcome to join us, Velda. Soos, Brenda and I have extend our stay for another week; Carol is considering staying too.

We enjoyed another nice campfire and chatting last night but my photo did not come out good enough to post. Today we decided to venture into the town of Wauchula to visit some thrift stores, antique mall, Ace hardware and Winn Dixie. Main thing we were looking for was firewood but then one never knows just what else might pop up. Like this lovely hat
We also decided to try a Mexican restaurant for lunch. Brenda, Nan, Carol. me, Soos and Donna (Padro for Mitch in the painting)
We were successful in our quest for firewood so more campfires planned.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby YodaRules » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:18 pm

Looks like you girls had a blast after Brenda and I left.... Sarah, that hat looks good on you!! Left early to test ride a couple electric bikes in Crystal River that I had called days earlier. When we got there the bikes were not there and "we are expecting them any day" was what I got. Needless to say, I was pissed but at least the ride home was pretty on a 2 lane road.

Patsy
Patsy
My Blog: http://looking4yoda.blogspot.com
Relaxing, Rock Hunting, Prospecting, Star Gazing, Fishing and looking for UFOs along the way!!

YodaRules

Postby MandysMom » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:42 pm

I will message Brenda that you are still there. She has been in Florida caring for her Mom who was sick. I think she is going to driver Baer handicapped van home then fly back to pick up Roadtrek at her Moms.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:01 am

Sounds like you are all having fun! Any kayaking planned? Shopping is good on bad weather days!
Sarah, that hat matches your shirt perfectly!
Pedro looks like he is busy entertaining another lady. :o
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

PreviousNext

Return to Get Togethers