Wandering Oaks Ocala FL - OPen Date

Let's get together!

Wandering Oaks Ocala FL - OPen Date

Postby Irmi » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:59 pm

In case any of you might in the Ocala FL area, Steve & I will be at Wandering Oaks until the end of April. There are beautiful parks in the area to walk or relaxing in the yard and talking is fun, too. Hope some of you can pencil this area in.
Irmi

Re: Wandering Oaks Ocala FL - OPen Date

Postby BirdbyBird » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:53 pm

Irmi do they still accept PA for short stays? I don't have any set plans at this time after the Ocala Dog shows though I did read that Silver River is still first come first served because of the upgrades being completed...... I hope to be at the Ocala dog shows that last weekend in January. I could always drive over after in the afternoon depending upon the shoe schedule..... :)
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby bluepinecones » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:22 pm

Assuming Magic is okay I plan to stop by to see you. No schedule info yet however.
Also interested in answer to Tina's question about PA.
Owner claimed not to have a PA site available when I was there last year. Cannot believe they actually have only certain sites for PA as at other times I have used PA in a number of different sites there. Either way, I do look forward to seeing you and Steve.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby Irmi » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:25 pm

Tina, Wandering Oaks has stopped accepting Passport as of the latter part of last winter. If you can stop by for a visit, that would be wonderful.
Irmi

Postby Irmi » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:28 pm

Sarah, I checked the Passport America site, and Wandering Oaks is no longer part of their program. McIntosh isn't that far away, if you'd rather stay there, and we could come and get you, or one of the state parks in the area might have openings.
Irmi

Postby BirdbyBird » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:14 pm

I do love that there are several options close to you. The dogs like making me walk around McIntosh... :) They find the smells and various route options interesting. And we all know how wonderful the trails at Silver River are. Either way I do hope to land around you sometime. Not happy at the moment though as I was to pick the rig up Monday afternoon after I got back from Knoxville only to get a call from the shop. When they went over it "one last time" apparently the back up camera and radio decided not to operate. Hummmmm...all I could tell them was it worked when I drove the rig up to the shop. Seems I will be waiting a few more days before heading down I-75. I don't mind not having a radio or the side cameras but really don't want to drive down the interstate without being able to see that the little white Honda and the new kayak are safe and towing in a straight line. :shock: Now I really, really will need to get back in to work in March to get $$$ back into the bank. :roll:
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby brendac » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:56 pm

I wanted to firm up my plans for Florida before I replied. I would love to stop in for a visit with you and Steve and anyone else who is there. I will be spending the first 2 weeks of February in McIntosh. This is a first for me .... two weeks in one spot. If I like it I have the option of extending. We shall see. Anyone who wants to stop by or join me I'll be in the Cougar 5th wheel and grey Dodge truck with the MD tags. Since this campground is part of the Great Florida Birding Trail I have high hopes of adding to my life list, which won't be difficult as right now my list is short. :(
Hope to see and meet some of you then.
Safe travels, Brenda
“Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose.”
Tennessee Williams
brendac

Postby Irmi » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:00 pm

Brenda, McIntosh is only about 15 miles north of here, so we'll definitely have to GTG. The campground there is small with small sites, but for short term, it's a beautiful area. I will keep an eye out on your schedule!
Irmi

Postby brendac » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:48 pm

Looking forward to seeing you Irmi. Enjoy your heat it was 8* here at home in MD this morning.
“Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose.”
Tennessee Williams
brendac

Postby grammynmaggie » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:47 pm

hope to get up to that area Irmi & Brenda.. l just have to remember where everybody is located.... first two weeks in February I should be able to fit something in there..
grammynmaggie

Postby Liz » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:11 pm

Brenda, be sure to tell the new owners at Sportsman Cove hello from me.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Irmi » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:12 am

Donna, that would be wonderful if you could make it over this way! Keep me posted!
Irmi

Postby brendac » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:30 pm

Liz, I'll say Hi from you.
Donna, I'd love to get together with you and Irmi, and anyone else in the area.
Only 20 days til I head south. :D
Keep the heat on in Florida, please.!!!
Tennessee Williams
brendac

Postby bluepinecones » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:03 pm

Still no dates but sure hope I will be in the area when Brenda, Tina and Donna plus anyone else are there.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby Carolinagal » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:33 am

when time comes you all will be meeting up, let me know, I'll run up there, would love to visit all. Will be up there later on in my stay in Fl. for wash and wax on RV and checking out some things that need fixed at TrI Am all that usual stuff that happens in between times away from the fixer place :D :roll:

just let me know,
CArol
Carolinagal

Next

Return to Get Togethers