Quartzsite January 16, 2016

Let's get together!

Re: Quartzsite January 16, 2016

Postby snowball » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:39 pm

I talked with my cousin she is considering my suggestion to take her motor home and go down...now to see if we can really afford it she says she
gets 7-10 mpg hmm will have to see then of course the weather will play a big role in the decision but there is hope
sheila
snowball

Postby Liz » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:12 pm

snowball wrote:I talked with my cousin she is considering my suggestion to take her motor home and go down...now to see if we can really afford it she says she
gets 7-10 mpg hmm will have to see then of course the weather will play a big role in the decision but there is hope
sheila

Hoping with you, Sheila.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby bikerchic777 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:26 pm

I will be going to the balloon fest, like Liz, this coming weekend. Going with friends, then we plan to go to Desert Bar, in Parker, on Sunday. I will be with Ken, in his truck camper (Six pack). We will head down to Q, after we leave the bar, and will probably be there for a couple of days or so. I don't have WiFi access this year, so using my phone hotspot. That means limited internet. I think I can find where we were last year. We may park closer to the show, but if we do, we will walk over and check in with whoever is there. Liz or someone can text me with any pot luck plans, etc., please? 515-720-9193.
Linda, Rags, and Brutus full-timing it in our 2017 Winnebago Micro Mini, Thumbelina.

When life throws you a curve, lean into it!
bikerchic777

Postby carolb » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:08 pm

Crikey, I guess I should check in here :oops: I'll be there, but camping at Dome Rock (with Anita???) most of the week. And hopefully, I can follow Anita to the gtg so I don't get lost :roll: But at least Sharon will be there to come get me in her RaZR if I do :lol: I'll be there Sat or Sun....Looking forward to seeing everybody & REALLLLLLY hoping you can get there Sheila! It won't be a real Q gtg if you're not there ;)
carolb

Postby Redwahine » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:44 pm

Howdy. We are in Q at Rice Ranch #B8 until Wed. When and where is the gtg? I think we are heading to see some of the balloon festival tomorrow.
Redwahine

Postby avalen » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:00 pm

Sheila, hope you can make it, but I understand if you can't.
I did get tires for the car so driving there is not an issue but just a day trip. I have
Monday off and I'm undecided if I want to come out Sunday or Monday. I loved the Desert Bar, and the burgers were so good. Don't forget to take cash as they have no power to run debit or credit cards. I'll let y'all know what day later on.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby monik7 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:45 am

Anita and Liz heading out from Q for a ride in the Slingshot.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby havingfunnow » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:01 pm

Wish I was there! (Patience, I tell myself, patience . . . )
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby Liz » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:01 pm

More GTG pictures. Gathering at Kerry's. Chris has been by too but not today. Carolb is also here but missed the photo op. We are gathered by Kerry's RV.
Patty K, Sharon, Sandi, Kerry's brother and ?
Donna, a couple from Canada, Jim (neighbors parked near us), Kerry, and Anita

We wish you were here too Louise, and Sheila too. And there are others we are missing.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby snowball » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:23 pm

looks like a fun time...do any of you have Jenny's phone number she is there some where
and usually tries to come out some time..
really wish I was there but next year!!! :D
have a bunch of fun for me
sheila
snowball

Postby Bethers » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:55 pm

I'm not sure if Jenny there yet, but maybe today. She posted on FB that their car is in the shop. But someone should contact her, for sure.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby avalen » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:37 pm

I'm sad to miss it. Love the pictures though. Jenny got a white rental for
Quartzite, she'll pop in I'm sure. My refrigerator is acting up again, so all my stuff
went out to the other fridge in the shed. Gene's RV repair comes by Monday for
diagnostics.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby bikerchic777 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:08 am

Sorry I bailed out. Ken and I got there on Sunday afternoon. We went to the RV show and saw all we wanted to see. We stayed at a free area, 5 mi north of town, that night. Think we both got tired of being crammed into his truck camper, along with 2 dogs. He has it all customized for his needs, now. We had already been up to River Island SP, with friends, to go to the balloon fest and VW van rally. Really enjoyed those events, but had terrible vertigo from my stupid ears :evil: Had to use my hiking pole to walk around. Sorry to miss out, but I'm still not feeling 100%. Have fun!
Linda, Rags, and Brutus full-timing it in our 2017 Winnebago Micro Mini, Thumbelina.

When life throws you a curve, lean into it!
bikerchic777

Previous

Return to Get Togethers