Hardee Lakes, Fl Jan 15-18, 2016

Let's get together!

Re: Hardee Lakes, Fl Jan 15-18, 2016

Postby grammynmaggie » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:31 am

Tina my reservation is until 22....
grammynmaggie

Postby BirdbyBird » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:45 pm

Yes, :) I had noticed that you were staying a bit longer. Between that and just knowing how lovely the hiking is around the lake I figured that it will be a good stay. If anyone else has a schedule that works with those extra days at least they will know to find some hiking buddies parked nearby. :)
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby brendac » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:01 pm

I am sorry that I won't be able to be there for this gtg. If there is another one in mid to late February please let me know. I am booked for the 1st 2 weeks of February but open after that. I will be thinking of you and dreaming of DO food. :mrgreen: Have a great gtg and safe travels to all. Brenda
“Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose.”
Tennessee Williams
brendac

Postby grammynmaggie » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:11 am

I have some jello plans right now.... to be there sometime in February with a few others that might want to come along not a definite GTG type thing just a drop in if you can type thing.... I would like to spend another week so there would be plenty of time I will post it when I get definite plans made....
grammynmaggie

Postby MsBHaven » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:26 pm

Getting excited about our GTG tomorrow. Too bad tomorrow is going to be rainy and stormy. The good news is that tomorrow should be in the low 70's.
2013 Thor Chateau Citation Sprinter - 24' 10" - 2 slides

Ms"B"Haven (Margie)

3 Chihuahuas (Buddy, Annie, Maggie)
MsBHaven

Postby grammynmaggie » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:48 am

Poised and ready to go... but the rain and severe storms possible tornadoes and high winds probably will keep me at Camp driveway for the day... have a good one
grammynmaggie

Postby MsBHaven » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:21 pm

Despite a morning full of rain and wind, the Florida sky turned blue and sunshine came out about 1:15 p.m. and we headed out. Arrived on site 50 about 2:15. Just a quick drive from our house. Looking forward to Soos and Donna arriving tomorrow.

Ms"B"Haven (Margie)

MsBHaven

Postby Carolinagal » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:47 pm

Surprise, surprise I am at Hardee Lakes. Between dr visits so didn't know until last minute. I have site 24, but hey I am here all that matters. Margie spied me right off, and have met Tina of the Grits group. I'm here until 22nd, another dr visit 25 th, but I plan to come back, hopefully next month.

Sun came out and afternoon was beautiful , but had to drop my speed way down as it was WINDY. I was only about 40 miles away. Will be looking for you Donna and Soos tomorrow, safe travels

CArol
Carolinagal

Postby MsBHaven » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:08 pm

And it sure was a surprise! I was outside and saw a familiar looking RV at the dump station. Hopped on the golf cart and sure enough it was Carol. Will be heading back to her campsite before 8:00 tonight to pick up Carol and head to Vici and Dave's campsite for snacks and a campfire. Hope these mosquitos don't show up at the campfire! Wish Donna and Soos were here tonight.

Ms"B"Haven (Margie)

MsBHaven

Postby grammynmaggie » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:01 am

Hello from HL...it is a very chilly Tues. morning...it really has been to cold to do much...so we try to hang out in the sun during the afteroon and we have had a couple campfires...went to WM yesterday with Margie, Soos, and CArol...and that was basically the high light of the day..had a spaghetti pot luck last night well it was at 4 pm ...the was the hottest temp of the day at 58...and a campfire...Tina and the champ dogs rolled in just before dark...Vicki & Dave stayed an extra day so they were around ...we just yaked it up while shivering ...today I am cooking pulled pork BQ for sliders ..pot luck again at 4...I wish I had more exciting things to tell ya...oh we did have a PJ party at 4 am Sunday...my phone woke me up squawking tornado in your area take cover..so of to the bathrooms we went...I am sure you all have heard this by now...but did want to mention it...we were all save but there were tornado close by and some people died...scary thing...well all for now..donna
grammynmaggie

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:11 pm

I think we need some pics! Hope it warms up a little more before everyone leaves!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby grammynmaggie » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:24 am

Good morning everyone... from HL... very cold and windy today... we do not have a campfire last night because of the wind and our potluck was Soos brought in some Kentucky Fried Chicken it hit the spot otherwise we did not do much in the cold in the wind... late afternoon I didn't feel so good not sure what that was all about but I was very tired... seems okay this morning .... as far as pictures go I was planning on doing several blog posts... when I started them battery was going down on my laptop and I look for my charger and I forgot to bring it so you will have to wait on the pictures... well that's all for right now ...have a good one...donna
grammynmaggie

Previous

Return to Get Togethers