Covered Bridge Touring, Rockvillle, IN Sept 15th-18th

Let's get together!

Re: Covered Bridge Touring, Rockvillle, IN Sept 15th-18th

Postby Bethers » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:54 am

bertk523 wrote:Hello ladies... My name is roberta. I have a 26ft travel trailer and would like to join ya'll for the Covered Bridge touring. My husband passed last week and this will be my first effort of going it alone and I am a bit anxious about handling such a large trailer. I live in Indiana so it will not be a distant trip for me and I think a good opportunity to see if I am able to safely travel alone. I think I will also go on up north to shipshewanna.

I think it's great that you'll be at these gtgs. It's a great way to head out and know that there will be people that have your back while you're learning to do this on your own!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Colliemom » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:06 pm

Hi Roberta,

Would love to have you join us at both places. Rockwood doesn't require reservations but some of us made them anyway. So if you want, you can call them and do that or just come up there. Sorry I haven't responded sooner, but have been camping all week and no WiFi, so am just now getting into checking what that latest. Thanks Cheryl, for keeping track of things.

Hopefully see you in Rockville, Roberta. I and my friend Brenda will be arriving on the 15th from the Kalamazoo, MI area, so will be afternoon before we get down that way. Then we are all leaving on the 18th for Shipshewana.
Last edited by Colliemom on Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby Carolinagal » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:36 pm

Roberta, I am so glad you will be joining us, and if you live in the state and this is your first trip alone, our group is the one to come too. Many of us have been in your shoes, or somewhat, so we've got your back for any reason. So sorry you are alone now, but we're all here for you and I am sooooo glad you are joining us. Looks like we have a couple of really knowledgeable ladies coming for any questions you might have too about your rig or hauling etc.

We'll be looking for you, I do not have a reservation for Rockville either, and will be coming from North Carolina. Its a large CG, I believe and during the week shouldn't be a problem, except the other ladies have reserved lakeside sites. May not be any left, we can take our chair and just go over and visit :)

Sue didn't have the full date of when we will be at Rockville, 15th to the 18th and 18th we will leave for Shipshewana.

CArol :)
Carolinagal

Postby Colliemom » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:09 am

Just corrected my post Carol, thanks :)
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby Wings » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:38 am

this campground is just a stones throw from my route! I will be there on the 15th. See you all there! I love those covered bridges and the good company of friends.
Claudia and howdy
Wings

Postby IrishIroamed » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:43 am

Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby asirimarco » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:14 am

Would love to be there with you - it is beautiful country. Be sure to see ALL the covered bridges. One of the big bridges was rebuilt recently - some *&^% teenager burnt the original one down on purpose.
asirimarco

Postby bertk523 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:22 pm

HERE I COME!! Ladies, I will see you at Rockville. I have Lakefront #5. I will come in on Monday the 14th and then travel on with ya'll on the 18th. I am currently at General Butler and will make the move from here to Rockville tomorrow. Looking forward to meeting you all. I have a friend with me, actually her mom is my best friend and she is in town for a bit and is tagging along. Her name is Becky. She just arrived back into town from a year of studying in Edinburgh. YIPPEE
bertk523

Postby Liz » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:01 am

Here's a few pictures from our covered bridge tour. We didn't do as much as planned, but I'll let others tell that story. Any gtg is fun, no matter what misfortunes fall.
L to R: Roberta, Sarah, Claudia, Liz with Sue behind me, Carol, Brenda (Sue's friend), Cheryl

We didn/t need the bail money...

Some of the bridges are drive through.
Last edited by Liz on Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Queen » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:03 am

Nice pics, and so fun to see everyone!

Those pics almost make me miss home. :D
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby asirimarco » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:10 am

The long bridge next to the mill is the one a teenager burned down on purpose. They caught him. Then the bridge was rebuilt. Little jerk. Love that area. We've been to every single bridge on the maps.
asirimarco

Postby Bethers » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:04 am

Good to see everyone. Now, who is going to tell the rest of the story?
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby grammynmaggie » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:40 am

Ditto Beth ... what's the rest of the story ....???
grammynmaggie

Postby IrishIroamed » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:27 pm

ok heres my story...got there no problem, Roberta helped me back and unhitch, swapped out my Blue Ox hitch for one like everyone else has, stole Claudias site so I wouldnt have to hitch again the next morning...and proceeded to drive over the fire ring when leaving, wedging the grate under neath. :o :( God bless the rangersfor getting me out of that mess! Theredidnt look like any damage so proceeded to Shipshe following Roberta (BIG thanks for waitingfor me). Had the truck checked by adealer in Goshen that had Saturday service hours.

Got back to Shipse too late for the trip to Apple Festival, so Carol & I did a drive thru the town and then some groceries.

Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.

Sue will have to tell her ownstory.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby grammynmaggie » Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:55 pm

I like stories no matter what they are..... ;)
grammynmaggie

PreviousNext

Return to Get Togethers