Coon Bluff - Mesa, AZ - April 2-4

Let's get together!

Coon Bluff - Mesa, AZ - April 2-4

Postby Bethers » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:55 pm

This is iffy - but I will be stopping in the Phoenix area for a couple days. My intentions are to boondock at the Coon Bluff CG - along the Salt River - in the Tonto NF. If anyone is available to come or visit, let me know. I am hoping to stay 3 nights, and spend either Friday night or Saturday afternoon with friends (the folks I stayed with before Quartzsite - who are now moved into Assisted Living - and the daughter I was helping).

Looks like I'd be arriving 4/2 and leaving 4/5.

If you want more info - it does cost - all of $3 a night with your senior or access pass - or you can get an annual pass with those passes for $15 and stay as much as you want. You have to purchase in advance - can't do so at the site.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/tonto/nu ... 9&actid=31

And info on the Tonto passes: http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/tonto/pas ... ev3_018733

After I'm close to the date, I'll purchase either 2 or 3 nights of passes to use. Next year, I'll probably get the $15 pass and spend more time in the area. At least that's what I'm thinking now. Jean (Sparkle) and I stayed there once - where we met Ava for the first time!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: Coon Bluff - Mesa, AZ - April 2-4

Postby chalet05 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:31 pm

Beth, I'm like you and the trip to Salome! I'll be heading west about that time or I'd come!
Anita
chalet05

Postby avalen » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:04 pm

Of course I'll come and visit
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby monik7 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:35 pm

Wish I could come but I have to be back in CA by April 1.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby avalen » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:17 pm

and recently, the Salt river wild horses have been hanging out in the area of Coons Bluf
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Bethers » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:40 pm

avalen wrote:and recently, the Salt river wild horses have been hanging out in the area of Coons Bluf

Kewl - that's good to know! Hope they'll still be in that area. Glad to know we'll be able to gtg again. And maybe some others might be in the area - chances are not - but you never know.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby monik7 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:21 pm

Beth, where can one get an annual pass and is it a pass for that CG only?
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby Bethers » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:30 pm

monik7 wrote:Beth, where can one get an annual pass and is it a pass for that CG only?
Sandi

Follow the links above and there will be a link to purchase online. This annual pass should be good for most of the places in this, the Tonto National Forest area, which is outside of Phoenix. The annual pass is good for one year from purchase.
Beth
Bethers

Postby Liz » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:58 am

Looks like a good place to kayak too.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Return to Get Togethers