Salome, AZ visitors are here!

Let's get together!

Salome, AZ visitors are here!

Postby chalet05 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:35 pm

Sandi (monik7), Marda (wickedlady) and Carolb are all planning to be in the Salome area for different lengths of time. Not certain but I don't think any of them will arrive before the 9th. A good possibility they will all be there the 13 and 14th. I think Sheila will drive over for a visit.

Just giving a heads up to anyone that might want to stop by!!
Last edited by chalet05 on Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anita
chalet05

Re: Salome, AZ visitors in early March

Postby WickedLady » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:43 pm

I am really looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones.
WickedLady

Postby monik7 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:04 pm

I'll be there the 8th.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby Bethers » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:46 pm

Wish it was a tad closer and I'd come on my days off or at least for a day. Would love to see everyone again. Have lots of fun for all of us.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby chalet05 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:06 pm

Sandi arrived Sunday. I took her out for a ride in the RZR - I think she liked it! :) I just drove with no route in mind - all the 'usual' rides have a 'destination'. Unfortunately, we did not see any exciting critters. However, she is going out for the day with LeRoy tomorrow over two mountain passes. I think she'll have a great time and who knows what she'll see! They are going with some great friends that just came the 1st and we have been riding with.

LeRoy is a great tour guide. He's having a good time with all the women riding with him! We hit some nasty rock climbing trails the other day so I gave my seat to our friend, and I rode behind her hubby. If it gets too bad, she gets off and walks! They have a quad you straddle, and I wouldn't want to ride one all the time.

When we returned Sunday, Marda had arrived. She had a quick Slingshot ride before we three went out to dinner. Sorry no photos - we all had fish and chips that were delish!

Yesterday Sandi and I took the SS out. Stopped for coffee in Wickenburg and sat there and visited for a couple hours (at least). In the evening we three got together in her rig.

I was gone all day today so the gals did their own thing, but we had a little visit this evening. While Sandi is out riding tomorrow, Marda and I are taking the SS to Yuma.

Sandi will leave Thursday, Carolb will arrive Friday.
Anita
chalet05

Re: Salome, AZ visitors are here!

Postby Bethers » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:54 pm

Good times! Too bad Sandi and Carolb won't be crossing paths! This time!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby snowball » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:14 pm

Sandi is going to come here on her way to where ever :D
not sure yet when I'm coming as weeks go the next week is over the hill busy
but will figure it out ...how fun that sounds for Sandi!!!
sheila
snowball

Postby IrishIroamed » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:01 am

How much fun you ladies are having & going to have. I'm starting to think you're heck on wheels Anita. :lol:
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby cnq50b » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:10 am

Love hearing about the adventures & GTGs... sounds like so much fun!
I especially like the lack of structure, time constraints & fixed schedules that are evident in these posts. :D

By the say, I saw a SS on the streets here Sunday - it was so cool & made me feel 'hip' knowing what it was! :lol:

Enjoy!
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby Liz » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:03 am

Sounds like you will all be having a lot of fun. Love it!
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Redetotry » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:45 am

Waaa I've changed my mind, I want to ride in Anita's SS.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby sharon » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:01 am

Wish I had had the time to load up the RZR and come play with ya'll...or Blue to ride along with the SS. sigh. Sandi has turned into quite the RZR'er rider, she's pretty much fearless! I trained her well and I'm sure Leroy will continue with her training! LOL!
I sure do miss you guys!! :(
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby chalet05 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:08 pm

Sandi is off with L in the RZR. Dirt is with us all time here and I have grubby clothes I wear when riding. Since I didn't ride yesterday, the passenger seat was covered in dust. Sandi wanted to dust it off so L sat in the seat and wriggled. :lol: I didn't get her dirty enough when I took her out obviously, but wait until she gets back and shakes out her clothes! I do feel bad that she had to wear good clothes but guess they'll wash.

Sharon, I wish you could have come over, too! BJ, I might just make a stop at your house this summer to give you a ride! Catherine, from the SS forum, I know there are several in your area.

Sheila, Marda and I haven't forgotten you!
Anita
chalet05

Postby monik7 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:52 pm

Leroy and I along with their two friends Marsha and Terry had a GREAT time on the ride today. 7 hours and 50 miles through beautiful desert. We traveled toward the mountains, up the mountains, over the mountains, down the mountains, around the mountains, through some passes and back along cotton and alfalfa fields. Leroy was wonderful pointing things out to me like old mines and we stopped and looked at some old shelter structures put up by miners years ago. It was so much fun and I can't thank Anita and Leroy enough for giving me such a wonderful opportunity to see the desert from a whole new perspective.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby snowball » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:26 pm

it sounds like Sandi had so much fun!!! and I'm looking forward to hearing more about it
Saw Anita but didn't react quick enough to get her attention...assuming they were on there way
to Yuma..no helmets?
looking forward to seeing you all
sheila
snowball

Next

Return to Get Togethers