Shipshewana, IN - Shipshewana RV park South, Sept. 19-23

Let's get together!

Re: Shipshewana, IN - Shipshewana RV park South, Sept. 19-23

Postby beazle » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:16 pm

Okay! I'll call on Monday, and ask about the tent camping on RV sites. We'll need to ask about cars at sites, too, since we will need our car at the site where we tent. Thanks, both GingerK and Carolinagal for your kind offers to share your sites! In Frankenmuth, they let me park my car on Judy's spot since she was not towing a vehicle, so we may need to finagle that or get our own site, depending on the rules. Will let everyone know once I know.
Eileen
beazle

Postby IrishIroamed » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:05 am

Colliemom wrote:...I made my reservation for arrival on Friday, 18th leaving on Thursday, 24th.

Sue - may want to change the title on the post so it shows 9/18 thru 9/24, so if anyone wants to come a day early or stay a day late. Your call. I just got confuzzled (which is easy to do :? ).

I'm hoping to call them today Sue. Year-end has been horrendous and I'm trying to catch my boss to see if I can take an extra day or so, but not sure if she'll approve since I'm on vacation Labor Day week.

And as FYI for anyone going to the gtg from IL, WI or other points west...Shipeshewana is an hour earlier than Chicago.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby Colliemom » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:23 am

Cheryl, the dates I put on the title line are the dates I made arrangements with the park for the GTG. If anybody wants to come early or leave later, that is your decision. They are holding 10 sites as of now for those dates. I just made my reservations to arrive a day early and leave a day later.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby Liz » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:34 pm

I called and tried to make a reservation, but she said she hasn't started doing the group yet, so will call me back sometime in the next few days. I plan to arrive on the 18th through the 24th also.

Sue, could you put the reservation info and cg phone number in the first post please? That way it won't get buried so people won't have to search for it.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Colliemom » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:41 pm

Consider it done :D
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby IrishIroamed » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:53 pm

I'm so bummed - I won't even be able to come for 1 night now. Just found out we are now short a project manager, and the project got assigned to me, with a mid-September kick-off. :x

Well, at least I can still try to do a 1 day visit. I'll keep up with the posts on what weekend day most of the ladies will be there, but sure wish I could meet all of you.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby BirdbyBird » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:45 pm

Bummer Cheryl.....Hang in there. Retirement comes to those who keep showing up and staying alive. :) Hope you get a chance to attend at least one day and meet some more folks though.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby beazle » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:51 pm

Oh, Cheryl, sorry about your plans changing. Maybe a one-day road trip will lift your spirits. I noted on the website that tents are welcome in all sites, so we'll probably just get a site in the middle of our group action and tent in there. At least I'd get electric for my morning coffee that way, and not have to wait for the percolator on the campstove. :lol: Will call soon...I keep forgetting!
Eileen
beazle

Postby gingerK » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:56 am

Just called the cg to make my reservation. The girl handling it said she was going to finalize our group and took my name and phone number to get back to me later today for the rest of my info. I will be coming in on Thursday afternoon and staying through Sunday morning. Can't afford to take off the entire week much as I'd like to.
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby Colliemom » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:08 pm

I just received an email from the campground and they said they have blocked off 10 sites for us. Also said that you can now start calling into them and make your reservation. Ask for Heaven she said.

I am also considering going down to Rockville, in Parke County, north of Terre Haute for a couple of days prior to the GTG and tour the covered bridges and back roads in the area. Not definite as yet, but thinking maybe 15-17 and then heading to Shipsey on 18th, when my reservation starts. No reservations need for that adventure. Looking at staying at http://www.coveredbridgecampground.com. Thought is to leave Here on 13th, overnight in southern Mi possibly and arrive down there on 14th. Have to,look at routes.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby gingerK » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:58 pm

Have my reservations for Shishe coming in on the 17th leaving the 20th. I figured to beat the traffic on Friday by getting there Thursday afternoon.
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby Colliemom » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:03 am

Yay Kathy, glad you got your reservations Looking forward to meeting you.

Since I am finding so many things to see in IN, I am going down to Parke County for some backroad and Covered Bridge touring prior to the GTG. As of now, looking at 15-17 at this campground http://www.coveredbridgecampground.com. Will leave there on the 18th to go back up to Shipshewana.

Here's some info on the area http://www.coveredbridges.com
http://www.crawfordsville.org

Anybody want to join me, you are more than welcome. Looks like no reservations are needed during the week at this campground.

anybody want to join me, you are more than welcome.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby Ackcminnie » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:29 pm

Sue,
Thanks so very much for that information about camping in Indiana. I bookmarked all of that! The campground where you are going to stay sounds so convenient and a lot of things to do there. I love the covered bridges....when we went to Winterset, Iowa to see the Bridges of Madison County, there was a city rv park there and we could walk all over the town, (great since we do not have a tow).

If only I could go there in September.....it will be beautiful I'm sure. Have fun!!
Karen
Ackcminnie

Postby IrishIroamed » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:26 pm

WooHoo!!!! Boss said I can change my vacation!!

Going to call today, unless the group coordinator is only there during the day, then I'll call tomorrow. The thread says 10 sites are reserved for us. If I have to, and there is still some openings someplace in the park, I'll take what I can get.

From reading through the posts, looks like 6 (?) of us so far:

Sue (Colliemom): Fri 9/18 thru ?
Liz: 9/18 thru 9/24
CArol: ?
Kathy (GingerK): Thur 9/17 leaving Tue 9/20
Eileen (Beazle): Tenting (?)
Cheryl (IrishIroamed): TBD
Cheryl

IrishIroamed

Postby Colliemom » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:32 pm

Thanks Cheryl,

I will be there from 18-24
I also have a friend (Brenda) who is coming and she booked a site for the same dates.
Eileen (?) tenting?
Cheryl, Sept. 17th-20
Carol (?)
Nan (?)
Cheryl (TBD)
Liz 18th-20th

As I said in previous post, I, Brenda and maybe CArol so far are going down to Rockville before the GTG to see covered bridges etc. I found two campgrounds, one called the www.coveredbridgecampground.com and another is Rockville Lake County Park which has both full hookup sites and modern sites along the lake with just water and electric. Rates are about $3 different between them. Am favoring a nice lake site in the county park right now. Shall decide in a bit. No reservations are needed in either of these parks after Labor Day. Dates for that outing are Sept. 15-18 and leaving on 18th for Shipsey. Thee are 5 different colored routes through the Rockville area, of approx. 24-35 miles each going down backroads where covered bridges and historical places are. Anybody want to come along, join up :)
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

PreviousNext

Return to Get Togethers