Shipshewana, IN - Shipshewana RV park South, Sept. 19-23

Let's get together!

Re: Shipshewana, IN - Shipshewana RV park South, Sept. 19-23

Postby beazle » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:58 am

Sue, sorry for the confusion, we do have a resv. for 9/18-21, but I'm waiting for an email reply about adding another day, the 17th. That's all. Looking forward to meeting all the WomenRV gals in less than 2 weeks.
Eileen
beazle

Postby Colliemom » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:49 pm

Was pretty sure you had made one Eileen. I would advise anybody else who wants to come at last minute to make a reservation as this is a busy park and as of now, cannot guarantee that if anymore members of WomenRV want to come, that you will be in the exact same area with the rest of the group. They are running out of room in our area for us. But you can walk over and join us from wherever you happen to be parked.

Here is some more information on things to do in the area. The Heritage driving tour sounds like it would be really worth doing as well as it passes through the different towns, small shops, some beautiful quilt gardens etc. along the way. Here's a link to it

http://www.amishcountry.org/

Think I mentioned somewhere in this thread that Nappanee has their annual apple festival the same weekend as our GTG

http://www.nappaneeapplefestival.org/

There are many of the major RV manufactures in this part of IN too, So there will be plenty of things for us to do. Probably be a case of too much to see and so little time. Oh did, I mention the restaurants, meat and cheese shops and...... :lol:
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby grammynmaggie » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:42 pm

Sue...what is a quilt garden?
grammynmaggie

Postby Colliemom » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:31 pm

Amazing flower gardens plotted out in many different quilt designs

http://www.quiltviews.com/amazing-quilt ... in-indiana
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby havingfunnow » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:09 am

I think I want to see the quilt auction on Saturday.
http://www.backroads.org/events/details ... 2714052149

I'll be arriving on Friday. I suspect I won't be parked with everybody else, since I don't use full hookups. I plan on leaving a chair on somebody's site so you'll all know I'm there. :lol:

Melissa, I'm so glad you're driving over on Sunday. I'm looking forward to saying "thank you for all the information you've posted" face-to-face.
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby bluepinecones » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:38 pm

Sue, please add me to attendee list arriving on 9/18 and leaving on 9/24. Just got off phone making reservation.

BTW: Lady I spoke with said you need several more to sign up in order to qualify for a group rate and that they do still have spaces for that.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby IrishIroamed » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:15 pm

Just say in the General you may make it - yippee!

Kind of odd though...I thought Sue said they reserved 10 spots for us and we have more. Sue :?: :?: :?:
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby BirdbyBird » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:21 pm

Not everyone is staying in the full hook up spaces. I think several of us are in the back up electric only sites that are right next door. It is great that we had options of different sites and prices. :) Heaven was very helpful with information and knowing that we wanted to stay close by.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby beazle » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:23 pm

I'm in for the quilt auction, too! DH will likely go to the Lake James cottage while I do that...not his thing. He won't even wait in the car while I run in for a spool of thread...says I'll get trapped and it'll take me an hour! (He's probably right, though)
I think we're in the electric only sites, too, since we'll be in the tent. At least I can have my coffee early in the morning...
Eileen
beazle

Postby bluepinecones » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:29 pm

Humm, I did not ask what kind of space, just told her I was part of group organized/arranged by Sue. Maybe not everyone told her they were part of the WomenRV group??????
I was a bit surprised at how expensive it was. Even so, was just glad I could still get a spot.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby BirdbyBird » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:19 pm

Sarah, I asked about other sites when I heard the price total. I just don't need full hook ups for such a short stay. Right now I am just hoping that the rig checks out with the mechanic. Dropped her off this evening to get the oil changed and the vibration in the front end checked out...... :)
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Colliemom » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:40 am

Cheryl, when I made arrangements with the park for this GTG, I had no idea how many people would come, so they suggested 10 sites seemed a good number to start with. It was better than reserving too many and the park not being able to use them if we didn't fill them all up. Figured if it went past 10, then people would just book a site and they would try to keep us close. As is, looking at the list of people coming, if everybody's on that list, we should have about 13 sites. We are doing great :)
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby gingerK » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:56 am

Remember everyone that Friday night supper is at my site! BBQ's and chips. I think Eileen said she would bring a dessert? Bring your own choice of beverage. Roll on in whenever you get there and get set up. The door's always open! I'll put my horsey lights on my awning and my angel on my antenna so you know where to come to. Look for a little Gulfstream Conquest.
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby beazle » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:58 am

Thanks for the invitation/reminder Kathleen! Yes, of course I'm good for the dessert on Friday. Weather looks rainy in the forecast, but there's plenty of time for the meteorologists to change their minds. DH said he plans to spend most of his time at the family cottage in Angola so I'm free to play ad lib once we get the site set up. May need to bring two cars, because I don't think I want to be without a car in the rain...but I could drive him back and forth, but that leaves him without a car at the cottage...hmmm.
Eileen
beazle

Postby gingerK » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:42 am

beazle wrote:Thanks for the invitation/reminder Kathleen!

Just Kathy, please. :lol: Dayspring is Kathleen. And together we are the Double Ks! :? (so named by Cheryl)

p.s. I'll also answer to "Ginger" if you yell it at me long enough. It was actually my horse's name. :P
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

PreviousNext

Return to Get Togethers