Shipshewana, IN - Shipshewana RV park South, Sept. 19-23

Let's get together!

Re: Shipshewana, IN - Shipshewana RV park South, Sept. 19-23

Postby MelissaD » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:02 am

OK, we would like to meet everyone but work is scheduled to work Saturday (19th) so the only day I have open is Sunday. The 5er is still in the shop :x

What does the group have planned for Sunday? Hoping to drive up Sunday (20th) and say hi. Probably be in the afternoon 3-4 pm as I probably work get off work till midnight.
MelissaD

Postby IrishIroamed » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:42 pm

bertk523 wrote:Hello. I am a newbie. I think I will be joining you at Shipshewana. Have not made reservations. Anything special I need to know??
roberta

HI Roberta - I just mentioned in your introduction you should join us! Glad you can make it. Check both the Shipshewana & Covered bridges thread before you reserve, they know we're coming and if our spots are all taken, they may be able to get you as close to us as possible.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby beazle » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:51 pm

Okay, GingerK: I'll make a dessert to go with your sloppy joes for Friday night. We're coming Thursday to beat some traffic, but if no room at the inn we'll go to lake cottage a few miles away, and return Friday. I'll call tomorrow to see if we can come a day earlier. Looking forward to a great weekend with new friends.
By the way, I just returned from Seattle where I was helping manage the household in transition for my niece who changed jobs. Babysitting a six-year-old and an 18-monh old for ten days. Laundry, world without end...All I can say is: there's a reason God gives children to young people! ;) The bags under my eyes had their own little bags from lack of sleep and all the hard work. But, it was a fun time getting to know the kids and family better.
Eileen
beazle

Postby IrishIroamed » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:06 am

yippee! MelissaD is coming! I'm not a planner so maybe the other ladies have a thought about Sunday. Me? Thrilled you're coming and it will give Sue a day of rest from me asking her stupid questions. Can't say I didn't warn you! :lol:
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby gingerK » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:52 am

MelissaD wrote:OK, we would like to meet everyone but work is scheduled to work Saturday (19th) so the only day I have open is Sunday. The 5er is still in the shop :x

What does the group have planned for Sunday? Hoping to drive up Sunday (20th) and say hi. Probably be in the afternoon 3-4 pm as I probably work get off work till midnight.

Ok let me try this again; apparently it didn't care for my first attempt and lost it.

Melissa, I will be out of there by that time. Have to beat homebound Chicago area traffic. Sorry I will miss seeing you.

Eileen, I will be there on Thursday also. I hope we can get together for a campfire that night.

Roberta, you will need to tell them you are with the WomenRV group. That should get you situated with our bunch. Don't worry about anything else, we just usually wing it.
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby Wings » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:27 pm

I happened to be in Hot Springs Arkansas which is just a hop skip and a jump away from Shipshewana Indiana ! I've made reservations and I should be there around the 18th or the 19th. Can't wait to see everyone!
Claudia and Howdy
Wings

Postby IrishIroamed » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:11 am

Wings wrote:I happened to be in Hot Springs Arkansas which is just a hop skip and a jump away from Shipshewana Indiana ! I've made reservations and I should be there around the 18th or the 19th. Can't wait to see everyone!
Claudia and Howdy

Wow - and yeah!! You must have been one heck of a hopscotch player! ;) :D
Cheryl

IrishIroamed

Postby MelissaD » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:24 am

IrishIroamed wrote:yippee! MelissaD is coming! I'm not a planner so maybe the other ladies have a thought about Sunday. Me? Thrilled you're coming and it will give Sue a day of rest from me asking her stupid questions. Can't say I didn't warn you! :lol:

Thanks and I don't mind answering question :D
MelissaD

Postby Colliemom » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:10 pm

Wow, take a week off with no WiFi and all kinds of things happen. Glad t see we have a few more people coming to Shipshewana. Melissa, looking forward to meeting you as well as Roberta, Claudia and Howdy. Hope you can all get sites in that park. Eileen, thought you had already reserved a site for you and hubby.

Melissa, who knows what we will be doing on Sunday. But we will be around. And if we know you are coming, we can definitely be around. So come join the fun. Sorry work has to interfere.

Can't believe it's only two weeks away and we will all be meeting. Looking forward to it.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby Carolinagal » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:25 pm

Sue, you are so right, I have been unavailable too for awhile and I see we have several more. Claudia, I was so happy to see you are joining us, this GTG is really turning up to be a good one, See, Sue, I told you if you put dates and a place you'd get a bunch in :D Of course, the places and things to do are a real draw too.

Getting close, and getting excited here,
CArol :)
Carolinagal

Postby BirdbyBird » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:50 am

Claudia, your hop skip and jump, comment puts you in the same high adventure class as Sharon with her...it's only another 500 miles, I think I'll come..... :)
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Wings » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:57 am

I do like to hop, skip and jump when I have enough time. It looks like I will be there on the 18th. I have reservations in the same location as everyone. I'm in Memphis now. I'm planning on going up around I 65 and staying in parks near there along the way. I've been lucky so far finding a night in places over Labor Day. After the 7th it should be smooth sailing. So excited about seeing everyone again and meeting some for the first time. :D
Claudia and Howdy
Wings

Postby Colliemom » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:06 am

Hey Claudia, If you happen to be close in the Rockville area, come join us there too. Cheryl, you can ask me all the questions you want and I will not get tired of them. Course if you get too pesky, K could throw you in the lake at Rockville...........
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby IrishIroamed » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:59 pm

Colliemom wrote:Hey Claudia, If you happen to be close in the Rockville area, come join us there too. Cheryl, you can ask me all the questions you want and I will not get tired of them. Course if you get too pesky, K could throw you in the lake at Rockville...........

:o :lol: :lol:
Cheryl

IrishIroamed

Postby gingerK » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:56 am

Yay! It will be great seeing you again Claudia! I think Cheryl mentioned something about a bridge on I-65 being under construction somewhere else in this thread. You might want to check on that.
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

PreviousNext

Return to Get Togethers