Let's get together!

Re: Silver Springs, FL Mini gtg, Jan. 6-7

Postby chalet05 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:11 am

Great photos of a great time!!
Anita
chalet05

Postby grammynmaggie » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:13 am

looks like you girls are having a ball I'm glad you got to go kayaking Judy... I know I did love it and hope to do it again
grammynmaggie

Postby Redetotry » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:27 am

Great pictures thank you! Judy I had to laugh at the first picture of the crocodile that looked as though he was totally exhausted. Did you all chase him around??
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby MelissaD » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:34 am

Thanks for sharing... Looks like a fun day.
MelissaD

Postby JudyJB » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:04 pm

First alligator was really small, maybe only 4 feet. We did not chase him, but he did look funny with his mouth open. Second was bigger, maybe 7 feet, but did not even blink--totally zonked out. Saw lots of fish swimming around and jumping, but no other alligators.

My right hand is still sore even almost three months after my carpal tunnel surgery, and I cannot lean on it without pain with my palm down. I can use my fingers to support myself as long as I do not bend wrist, so attendant helped pull me up by my arm while I pushed with left hand. A bit awkward, but managed, and well worth the trip. He also had told me to back in so he could pull me up that way because it was easier to get out facing downhill. Worked well.

By the way, Tina's kayak is really made of a tough material. She says her dogs ride in it and their toenails do not even make marks!

Now that I have done it once, I will be able to do it again.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby BirdbyBird » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:19 pm

Most of the pictures in my blog are recognizable from Liz's and Judy's but.......I wanted to share mine with the non RV folks on Facebook so here it is anyway. :)

http://expeditionsandadventures.blogspo ... -ohio.html
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby cnq50b » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:37 pm

Looks like so much fun!!!!! You all look so good! And it looks warm there! :D

Thanks for letting us venture along - although it is safer for us virtually than being in the water with the gators.

I, too, was amazed at the strength of the material of Tina's kayak. Would I trust it in water with gators? I guess if Tina does, I would too. (of course that easy to say from Kansas)! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby Liz » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:13 pm

You always have a unique perspective on what you see, Tina. I enjoy your pictures.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby BirdbyBird » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:22 pm

I am thinking that if a gator was going to go after a kayaker.......it wouldn't matter what sort of kayak you were riding in, they could get you out of it. I will admit I have seen a few sections of gator filled water ways that I would not want to venture out on....But a few gators dozing in the sun right next to snacks on sticks (birds) with fish swimming by, turtles sunning on the same log, knowing that they only eat about once a month and really don't like to move in cold weather....and sparsity of unprovoked reported attacks..has built up my confidence. :)
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Bethers » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:30 pm

And you're not going to go disturb the gator - or tease it, etc. Kind of like a few of my close encounters with bears. I learned what do do, how to behave, and still jumped sky high twice lol. I remember when we were all in FL and I took my kayak way to one side of the one channel because of a baby gator. Who knows what big one was lurking while I was running from the little one.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Previous

Return to Get Togethers