FL GTG Hardee lakes Park Feb 25-March 2, 2015

Let's get together!

Re: FL GTG Hardee lakes Park Feb 25-March 2, 2015

Postby Nasoosie » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:58 am

All righty! I called the park this morning and they are saving site#40 for me, on the lake he said, (yippee!) from Feb. 25th through March 2nd. YAHOO! I will be bringing my canoe this time, too! Can't wait to see you all there! NBow all I have to do is find my way! I already printed out my Google map and directions, and I will program my Tom Tom. :)
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby Liz » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:11 am

Yay, Soos!
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Oma » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:47 am

Hi Ladies,

Sometime in the next week or two please call Hardee Lakes to reconfirm your reservations. Their system is pretty primitive (notebook) but the try hard :D They had not intended to take reservations for a while but when Dave and I started this dutch oven event/GTG we asked them to please start. We didn't want anyone to drive a great distance and not have what they needed. Sometimes getting a spot in Florida in the winter can be tricky esp. on the weekends.

We are asking everyone to reconfirm since we didn't have to do deposits. 863-781-6374

Yes, I'm going crazy at work right now so your help will be greatly appreciated :oops:

Hugs to all. Can't wait to meet everyone.
Vicki/Oma
Oma

Postby grammynmaggie » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:17 pm

I confirmed mine today ...man said they still have more sites
if anyone wants to sign up....I am excited...hope I can get my
awning fixed before then... ;)
grammynmaggie

Postby Gentleladybear » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:28 pm

I had said I would be there, but alas, my therapy and etc has delayed my leaving the area. Have a great time, hope to catch up with some of you at a later time.
Nan
Gentleladybear

Postby linann » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:22 pm

In case you didn't ask when you confirmed your reservation, the park only accepts cash or checks.
Linann
Live boldly one day at a time
linann

Postby Oma » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:02 am

Sorry GentleLady you won't be able to join us. Hope your health improves and you can join us at another time!

Thank you Linan for mentioning check or cash only at the park. I totally didn't think about that. As I said before, systems a bit primitive as far as the office goes. There is a small building at the entrance but no one is usually there. Just go in and set up. Someone will stop by to collect payment in a day or two :D

Dave and I will be at site 34. We have a crusier 5th wheel. Our camper will be there on Tuesday but we won't be there until the evening

Liz and gang, we love to play cards and other games. Hope we get a chance to do that!

Yes, I'm getting excited to meet everyone and have a great time at the D.O.G.!
Oma

Postby linann » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:59 pm

Ranger Ben was very nice when I called. He said to stop at the guard house to check in when we arrive. If no one is there just go to the reserved campsite and the ranger will stop by the next day for payment. Make sure you call for the gate code if you will arrive after 5pm!
Linann
linann

Postby Liz » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:04 pm

I called but had to leave a message confirming my reservation. I left my phone number in case that's not sufficient.
Vicki, did you say you had some extra DOs? I have not purchased one. Also, what do we need, or do you recommend we have for the cooking lesson?
Glad to hear you like to play cards. Hand and foot is the only game I remember how to play. Several of us play that when we get together.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Oma » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:50 pm

Yes we have extra DOs and will bring them. We're doing a drawing for one at the class. How lucky are you, Liz? :lol:

The only thing you need for the class is a comfortable camp chair, beverage and sense of humor. We'll have a good time.
Oma

Postby Carolinagal » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:34 am

when I called to confirm my reservation , I also just had to leave a msg, with my ph #. Hoping I got my site # right as I accidently deleted the post that had my info in it from you Oma. Its #53, I hope , as that is what I said in my msg. I said I'd be there the 25th . Gave all the info I thought they'd need, not knowing if they would call back or not. Glad you ask about what we needed to set in on class, Liz. I have chair and water bottle, so guess I'm ready. ;)

Oh boy, its coming up fast, times does fly by !!!

CArol :)
Carolinagal

Postby Oma » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:22 am

Hi Ladies,

I just found out some interesting news. There is a place called the Center for Great Apes in Wauchula, one town over from the park. In the past it had been open to only members twice a year. Found out today they do educational tours for groups of 10 min - 25 max. The cost is $25 per person. It would be available on Thursday, Feb. 26. The tour takes about 1 1/2 hours but you're there about 2 hours total. You see a film and sign waivers before the tour. It is a walking tour of their property. You get to see the chimpanzees and orangutans, of which they have about 50. Their chimps come outside at 45 degrees, the orangutans at 50 degrees Just mentioning the temp because it could be cool that week. It is a sanctuary for the animals. The tour starts at 11 am.

If you are interested in going please let me know. I won't be able to go with you but I'm sure someone in the group could lead they way :D

They can be found on the internet at www.centerforgreatapes.org or can be found on Facebook by looking for Center for Great Apes. They can be reached at 863-767-8903 if you have questions. I spoke to Lauren. We would need to let them know by Friday (as in two days). They have really great reviews.
Oma

Postby linann » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:58 pm

Oma wrote:Hi Ladies,
I just found out some interesting news. There is a place called the Center for Great Apes in Wauchula, one town over from the park. In the past it had been open to only members twice a year. Found out today they do educational tours for groups of 10 min - 25 max. The cost is $25 per person. It would be available on Thursday, Feb. 26. The tour takes about 1 1/2 hours but you're there about 2 hours total. You see a film and sign waivers before the tour. It is a walking tour of their property. You get to see the chimpanzees and orangutans, of which they have about 50. Their chimps come outside at 45 degrees, the orangutans at 50 degrees Just mentioning the temp because it could be cool that week. It is a sanctuary for the animals. The tour starts at 11 am.

If you are interested in going please let me know. I won't be able to go with you but I'm sure someone in the group could lead they way :D

They can be found on the internet at http://www.centerforgreatapes.org or can be found on Facebook by looking for Center for Great Apes. They can be reached at 863-767-8903 if you have questions. I spoke to Lauren. We would need to let them know by Friday (as in two days). They have really great reviews.

I'm sure this is the group that was previously housed at the Parrot Jungle in Miami and moved to Central Florida about a 15 years ago. If it is the same group, I went there several times when it was still in Miami. My former boss got to know the woman who runs this group and was very impressed by their efforts. They were a hard working group that was sincerely trying to help these animals. This is not a zoo, but a hard working group that is sincerely trying to help these animals. There is another group that cares for Lions/Tigers. I believe they are also somewhere in Central Florida.

If a group decides to visit the Center for Great Apes, I'd like to go. The tour price may include a contribution to help care for the apes and chimpanzees.
Linann
linann

Postby Bethers » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:18 pm

If I was there, I'd be going!!!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby mtngal » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:52 am

What is 'dumping' option at Hardee? I'm not seeing mention of dump station on website.
Sites are electric only, right?
Diana
mtngal

PreviousNext

Return to Get Togethers