FL GTG Hardee lakes Park Feb 25-March 2, 2015

Let's get together!

Re: FL GTG Hardee lakes Park Feb 25-March 2, 2015

Postby Oma » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:47 pm

Ok ladies. Thanks for wanting to join us :D . I've made note of the requests.

Peggy it would be great if you got to join us. We could celebrate your good health. Just let me know once you get the green light. I'm sure we could find a spot for you to squeeze into.

Linann just the weekend would be fine. Dave and I went to Silver Springs and arrived about 7PM Friday night. Had to start back home Sunday at 3 PM but we had fun! However long you can stay would be fine.

Barbie we wish you could join us! You'll be cold and we'll be warm (I hope) but if you got to come at the last minute we'll take you!

Looks like dutch oven classes will be happening. We'll have alot of fun :lol:

I had so much trouble trying to get into the site today. I thought I'd been booted out of the group. ;)

Oma/Vicki
Oma

Postby Carolinagal » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:00 am

Don't get booted out, Vickie, this sounds like a great GTG is going to happen. The class sounds interesting, so I'd like to be included in that too. Will there be a fee for it?? Let us know ok? I won't have the utensils but watching and learning about it, sounds really interesting to me. The food always looks good when I see pictures of the cooking. My being there seems to be more definite then ever and I am sooooo looking forward to it. Nice gathering already.

Hoping to see you soon, not sure what is happening when yet, :D
CArol :)
Carolinagal

Postby JudyJB » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:34 pm

I might drive up for one day. I am going to be at WP Franklin North, which is about 70 miles south of there.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby dbdjeb » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:28 pm

I'm fairly new to RVing on my own and this sounds like a fun and doable starter event, not to mention, also a great way to escape Chicago in winter. I'm not sure what dutch oven cooking is, but I love to cook and learn new ways of doing things.

I'd need a 30 amp site with water. Please let me know what other information you may need and how one goes about making a reservation.

Dale
DBDJEB
dbdjeb

Postby snowball » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:29 pm

dbdjeb wrote:I'm fairly new to RVing on my own and this sounds like a fun and doable starter event, not to mention, also a great way to escape Chicago in winter. I'm not sure what dutch oven cooking is, but I love to cook and learn new ways of doing things.

I'd need a 30 amp site with water. Please let me know what other information you may need and how one goes about making a reservation.

Dale

Dale
Dutch Oven cooking can be done two ways ..either in the ground or with charcoal briquettes
usually use a cast iron dutch oven ...in a nut shell and you can do literally anything in a dutch oven if it's big enough
food is put in the seasoned dutch oven (which is done when you first buy it by using one of several methods...and then to never use dish soap in it
again several methods of cleaning but you want the dutch ovens to gain the patina think of a pizza stone or a cast iron skillet that is old and used :D
then the briquettes are put on the bottom and top (dutch ovens usually have feet and rimmed lid ) for what ever time you need to cook the food item...that is it in a nut shell...fun way of cooking especially around a campfire...makes really yummy food
I'm sure that those doing the class will impart lots of information and those attending will gain lots of information
sheila
snowball

Postby dbdjeb » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:22 pm

Sheila-
Thanks for the explanation. I'm ready to learn.

Dale
DBDJEB
dbdjeb

Postby linann » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:46 pm

Vickie,

I was able to clear the calendar so count me in! :P

Please reserve a 30 amp site for me. Please PM me how to mail you a check or if you want me to pay the campground directly after you reserve the spot. Thank you for planning this GTG.
Last edited by linann on Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Linann
Live boldly one day at a time
linann

Postby Oma » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:11 am

Good morning all!

I will be at Hardee lakes this weekend and they have agreed to set aside camping spots for us. I will need to know when you plan on arriving, the size of your camper and 30/50 amp. There are a few pull through sites so if you need one let me know. At this time they do not need a deposit. If that changes in Jan. I'll let you know. I will also need first and last names and a cell phone number. For the Saturday D.O.G.there is a $5 registration fee and if you want to be in the cooking competition the fee is an additional $20 per team of 2 people. None of that is needed until Jan. I'll let you know ahead of time. There is no charge for the class Dave and I will be doing Wednesday evening.

If you are coming for the day there is a $5 fee to enter the park (per car up to 5 people) and then the $5 fee for the D.O.G. We will be having day trippers and everyone is welcome :D

I'll be taking pictures this weekend and will post them on Facebook. Dave uses Picasa so i'll ask for his help to post them here also. If you have any questions please let me know. I'll have cell service at the park this weekend and will check this site.

The folks at the park are excited that you'll are coming and will try their best to make your stay pleasant :D.

Oma/Vicki
Oma

Postby Carolinagal » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:56 am

Thinking we should PM you our names and info you need. I doubt you should put your personal email out here either, and PM's will have all the info in one area, as long as you have room for all of us to send msg :D (which I found yesterday, mine was full :roll: )

When did you need this info, for this week end,??

Carolinagal

Postby Oma » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:24 am

CArol It would be helpful this weekend but I can work around it if need be. A PM is just fine. I agree about being careful with information. I'll check to make sure there is room :D
Oma

Postby Bethers » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:05 pm

When your inbox is full here, new messages still come in - and the older ones get deleted. So, if you really want to save info or messages, make sure to do so elsewhere, or to keep within the number we are limited to :)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby grammynmaggie » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:15 pm

All signed up for this GTG... And cooking class...
Totally excited about this...thanks for starting this Vicki!!
grammynmaggie

Postby Liz » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:26 pm

Thank you Vicki; the site sounds wonderful.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Carolinagal » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:16 am

Yes, I am real tickled with the description of my site, near the water, fixed it for sure. :D I am so looking forward to this GTG. Been ages since I have seen any of you, I met Vicki this summer and Dawn joined us, but other then that, have had serious withdrawal from this fun group. Hoping more will join us, I'm excited to see a new park down here, this one sounds really nice. I may have to go check it out when I can drive myself again :roll: :D

Thanks Vicki, for setting this GTG up, its going to be a great time,
Carolinagal

Postby bluepinecones » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:50 pm

I'm really looking forward to this gtg also.
Thank you, Vivki
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

PreviousNext

Return to Get Togethers