Puerto Penasco / Rocky Point January 2015

Let's get together!

Puerto Penasco / Rocky Point January 2015

Postby RVDy » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:10 pm

I am thinking of going to Rocky Point after the RV Tent show in Quartzsite Jan. 2015. Around Jan 25th.. 7-10 days or whatever..
I know of one maybe two other RV's with women who will be going.

Anyone been there recently, comments, info. Where did you stay?
Playa Bonito seems like a faviorite of some and the Reef. I understand the Reef has some construction
for a new Cruise Ship Dock...

Would love your input and if interested to come along.. chime in..
RVDy

Re: Puerto Penasco / Rocky Point January 2015

Postby Bethers » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:02 pm

My last time there was March of 2010. We turned around and left as it's so very busy and commercial and not what we wanted. Prices were considered sky high by the friend with me who used to go there all the time years ago. That said, it's all Americans and close and easy to get to and obviously loved by many for those very reasons.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby SoCalGalcas » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:30 pm

I will not go to puerto Penasco at all! Big gun battle there last year between drug cartels which was kept pretty quiet in the USA press. Mexico, along the boarder towns is dangerous. IMHO. Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby Bethers » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:18 pm

I read about it. The police were targeting drug traffickers and killed 5 of them. The locals and US/Canadians in the area were told to stay inside and away from windows. Truthfully, a good take down. You have more of them in San Diego, Lyn. Just saying. And without warnings to locals. That said, it's still not a Mexico location I want to spend time in anymore.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Return to Get Togethers