Quartzite 2015---Jan 17 thru the 25th

Let's get together!

Re: Quartzite 2015---Jan 17 thru the 25th

Postby Bethers » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:56 pm

SoCalGalcas wrote:CarolB and I arrived safely at Mitrey Lake. We sat outside all afternoon and watched the lake and did a little bird watching.
Lyn

So wish I could be there with you. I had good intentions to spend my 10 day limit there this year. Love it there.

Enjoy!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby snowball » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:23 pm

do any of you remember the 10 little Indians can't remember if it was a story made into a play
as I recall for what ever reason 10 people where brought to a mansion and they slowly were hmmm killed off
one by one we weren't killed off but we are one by one leaving :( Lyn today Sharon tomorrow...
I think at one time we numbered 19 although not everyone came here to stay it was so good getting to see those
from past gtg and to meet new ones...till next year
sheila
snowball

Postby WickedLady » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:11 pm

If I remember right 10 Little Indians was an Agatha Christie story; maybe turned into a Hercule Poirot movie.
WickedLady

Postby SoCalGalcas » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:55 pm

I have arrived home at the condo. The stay at Mitry Lake was interesting. The five mile road in was not only dirt, but wash board. Not fun. We came out the other way. Much nicer. All the good sites were filled when we arrived. CaroleB did find us an interesting site off some dykes.
I won't say I will never go back there, but it will have to be a pretty special occasion for me to do so.
Thanks to Sheila for everything at the GTG. It was a very nice one. Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby pattyk » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:30 pm

I will be leaving Q tomorrow morning. What a time it has been. It was so great meeting everyone.
I warned you Lyn that it was a washboard road. Sorry you didn't care for it. It is a lot fewer miles than the other way.
Patty & Sammie, too
pattyk

Postby Bethers » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:33 pm

What way did you go in, Lyn? I've always gone in and out from the north, and didn't hit washboard roads until entering, so only a very short distance of them. Sorry you didn't like it. But we can't all love the same places!

Patty, it was a thrill for me to finally meet you. I was just thinking about that, as it seems like I've known you for such a long time, that it's hard to believe we just finally meet in person.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby happytrails » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:05 pm

I arrived back in Texas yesterday after spending several days in Sun City with a friend. Thank you Shelia for the great pot holders and Indian Tacos and thanks to everyone else who came Saturday to the GTG. It was so great getting to finally meet all of you! It feels as though I've known y'all for a long time. Hoping I will get to meet up with you again next year in Az.
Happy Trails til we met again.....
Pamela
happytrails

Postby snowball » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:01 am

Pattyk left today so its down to Kerry and I and I believe Jill is still there as is the slingshot :lol: Anita has gone to pick up the
trailer for it
it was so good to see everyone and to meet new ones
you all take care
sheila
snowball

Postby SeeyaGal » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:51 pm

I had such a blast seeing everyone this year, good to meet new faces and friends. Thanks for the Pot luck and Sheila's famous Navajo Tacos, I look forward to that every year because she makes the best!! Had a great time up at the Desert Bar, so many new changes up there so glad I went this year! Thanks again Sheila for the beautiful dish cloths and pot holder, I love them!!
We're back home in Yuma till April 1st and then we head to Casa Grande so Dan can do driving lessons at a Alfa Rally and we'll be closer to Phoenix to catch my plane and I'll head to Seattle to spend time with my Mom & Dad and then Mom & I fly to London England to do the Downton Abbey tour for 8 days and then back to Seattle and spend time with Best friend and flying to Phoenix and be back with Dan before heading North to Eastern WA to be with my Aunt Rete 8-) for a month and then to Western WA to see the daughters and friends till Sept and then back down the coast and back to Yuma by Nov 1st
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Postby monik7 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:49 pm

Been sick with the flu since last Thursday so only lurking. I do want to say what a thrill it was at Q. So glad to see everyone. Thank you Sheila for the gift. They are special and they'll stay clean and beautiful in my rig. Thanks also for the Navajo tacos. Lov'em!! Thanks to everyone else for the great potlucks we had. Can't wait 'till next year.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby Birdie » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:03 pm

Sheila, the book was And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie. They did do a movie.
2012 Class A Winnebago 30T (is for sale)
Coach House Platnium (my now rig)
Chevy HHR
Birdie

Location: After 10 years full-time, I am off the road in North FL!

Postby snowball » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:46 am

Thanks Birdie I only remember the play the students put on when I was in high school
might have to look for it
sheila
snowball

Postby Bethers » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:55 pm

Check today's morning thread and you'll see the pictures of the pot holders, etc that Sheila gave me. Everyone's are different colors, etc - but all of them are beautiful.
Beth
Bethers

Postby snowball » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:51 pm

wow Jenny posted :lol: so good to see you somehow missed your post yesterday
enjoyed everyone being here it's down to Kerry and I and Jill is over in her corner still but don't
see her...Carolb stopped by today and we will see her soon as well as Anita after all we have a hostage :lol:
Sheila
snowball

Postby bikerchic777 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:33 pm

I'm late in posting, but wanted to let you all know how nice it was to meet you! I had a great time and enjoyed our visits. Wish I could have had the Indian tacos and gone to the Desert Bar with you all, but I had that white line fever and had to move on. I look forward to next time! Love you guys!
Linda, Rags, and Brutus full-timing it in our 2017 Winnebago Micro Mini, Thumbelina.

When life throws you a curve, lean into it!
bikerchic777

PreviousNext

Return to Get Togethers