TN GTG??

Let's get together!

Re: TN GTG??

Postby Liz » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:37 pm

What do you mean, it's over??? You just got started good. Loved seeing the pics and hearing the tales. Wish I could have been there. Thanks for the laughs.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Cedar518 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:07 pm

mitch5252 wrote:..

Here are a few of my pics...

http://georgeandmichelle.com/tngtg.html

Thanks for the great pics,... and a double-thanks! for posting the names like you did. Those of us stuck at home scratching our "hitch itch" appreciate you all for sharing it all with us!
Cedar518

Postby VickieP » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:09 am

I finally may be able to post, been trying all afternoon, but have very poor connection here. We are in Tims Ford State Park near Lynchburg TN, home of the Jack Daniels Distillery that we plan to tour. We paid for 2 nights and may stay another as Sat. they are having a music pickin shindig here at the park, country, gospel and bluegrass! What a lucky choice of campgrounds as they have a small one every Saturday, but this is the big annual one and the rain is supposed to be gone by then.

Yep, great time at the TN GTG! All the best of the Nashville entertainment and we didn't even have to leave the campground, LOL! When we were setting up the meals and Mitch would ask for a spoon, I gladly obliged, but everytime she wanted a KNIFE, well, ya know,,, :lol:

It was good to meet the Sistahs in person and yes as someone else said, they are just as great as they are online! And Mitch is just as mean, too! :roll:
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby Nasoosie » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:59 am

Wonderful pictures, and the weather didn't look THAT horrible! I cannot believe it's over already---that's the only trouble with GTGs------they are WAY too short!

Thank you all so much for sharing these with us who weren't able to attend this year! Waiting now, I am, for another year with the same group and many more to join in the festivities!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby bluepinecones » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:19 pm

There is no way to put a big enough THANK YOU ONE AND ALL here for the wonderful hospitality of the TN gtg gals. It was a joy to meet each of you and your fur babies. If what I experienced over the past few days is representative of RVing, it is easy to understand why so many of you love it.
I will add some pix later this afternoon, if Photobucket cooperates.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby mitch5252 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:58 pm

rvgrammy1953 wrote:You know, someday we just gotta' have a "National Women RV" GTG....Wouldn't that be a HOOT!!! :lol:

mitch5252

Postby dpf » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:19 pm

http://www.kansasrvparks.org/rvpark.php ... fe_rv_park

Now I could probably make it to this one...but we'd all be fighting over a site..it appears that Lebanon only has one RV park with eight sites! :lol:
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby Sparkle » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:27 pm

I HATE "rooms". I've been wondering why there was no posting about the GTG and finally I thought...maybe? Sure enough, then as it was 500 pages long I had to keep going back a page to get to the beginning. Okay, my grumps is over. It looks as if a great time was had by all. Round up the usual suspects. By the way, did you know that if you get an e-mail with a "tail", you know, past messages, you can add a line to what was posted by that previous poster. I e-mailed a friend and asked her why she had sent such a nasty comment about me. Of course I had added it myself. She was in a terrible state until I confessed.
Sparkle

Postby mitch5252 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:41 pm

Sparkle wrote:I HATE "rooms". I've been wondering why there was no posting about the GTG and finally I thought...maybe? Sure enough, then as it was 500 pages long I had to keep going back a page to get to the beginning. Okay, my grumps is over. It looks as if a great time was had by all. Round up the usual suspects. By the way, did you know that if you get an e-mail with a "tail", you know, past messages, you can add a line to what was posted by that previous poster. I e-mailed a friend and asked her why she had sent such a nasty comment about me. Of course I had added it myself. She was in a terrible state until I confessed.

Sparkle, do you mean you went backwards on this thread to the very beginning one page at a time? If so, you might wanna try this...up near the top (couple inches down from the very top) and on the far right side, there's a 'page indicator'?? If I understand what you are saying, then this would have helped you get to the beginning a little more quickly! :mrgreen: Hope this helps - we can't have someone as funny as you in a grump!!

I have no idea what you mean by your email tail comment???

mitch5252

Postby sharon » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:39 pm

Don't worry about Sparkle being in a "grump"...she was born that way and never got over it! :mrgreen: I have no idea what she's talking about "a tail" in an e-mail and being able to post on that one???

Sparkle, thanks for getting Sarah to join this forum, we really enjoyed her company for the GTG! I hope to see her again in the future.

I'm still here in Nashville area, to cold today to go sightseeing so am going tomorrow to the Country Music Hall of Fame and of course the Harley shop! Never know what is going to be on the sale rack and a gal can't have to much leather!
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:54 pm

dpf wrote:http://www.kansasrvparks.org/rvpark.php?page=camp/crystal_cafe_rv_park

Now I could probably make it to this one...but we'd all be fighting over a site..it appears that Lebanon only has one RV park with eight sites! :lol:

Well, now maybe we could just consider Missouri or Arkansas........... ;) and call the Mississippi River the middle of the lower 48 :lol: ....think about it....
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby Redetotry » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:02 pm

Lori asked what was in our gift bag so I took a couple of pictures. Will try to get photobucket to cooperate.

Thanks so much Sunshinecruiser for putting such great goody bag together for us!!

It's hard to tell what everything is so will make a partial list. A hunter safety hankie with all sorts of survival tips, a flashlight, water bottle,soda/can holder, luggage tags, apron, maps & tourist information, whistle, a sturdy clip, and a first aid for your pet pamphlet.

PS Sparkle I'm with you on the 'rooms'!
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby bluepinecones » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:42 am

When I started sorting thru pixs, was very disappointed - may need lessons on that subject too. Photobucket was being difficult tonight as well. Anyway, here are a few more shots. It was a great gtg.

Mitch being camera shy when we first met

Mitch had made 2 veggie pizzas for Wednesday dinner; however, some of us got one a day ahead of time. We did not tell the others

Vickie and Mitch test tasting the first veggie pizza

Tina and Margie

Sharon and Carol

Carolyn with camera

Fernie, Bash and Sharon

Tina and Izzy - Izzy got to go for a swim

Carol and Maggie

Tina, BJ, Sharon and Carolyn

Mitch with one of Tina's fur babies
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:34 am

Great photos, all...thanks for sharing.... ;)
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby mitch5252 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:41 am

Thanks for posting the pics, Sarah.
It sure was a fun time, wasn't it?
I'm like Carolyn - having GTG Withdrawal...

mitch5252

PreviousNext

Return to Get Togethers