WOLF PRESERVE CAMPOUT IN CHIPLEY, FL

Let's get together!

WOLF PRESERVE CAMPOUT IN CHIPLEY, FL

Postby KarenS » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:21 pm

Hello would anyone be interested in camping in Chipley at the Sea Crest Wolf Preserve in the near future? Let me know and we will make a plan. I have pics of me with the wolves but do not know how to add to this email. web site- http://www.seacrestwolfpreserve.org/ check it out - if anyone is intersted let me know some dates you are available and I will check and see if sites are available. KarenS
Karen S, and fur babies- Precious and Little Girl
(big dog in photo is not mine he belongs to Nan in G'ville)
2007 Dodge 2500
Road Warrior 5er Toyhauler
and Micro Lite Flagstaff TT
KarenS

Re: WOLF PRESERVE CAMPOUT IN CHIPLEY, FL

Postby Liz » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:58 pm

Maybe early October?
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby KarenS » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:05 am

Liz, me and a couple of my friends are going on Oct 8 (Thursday) and returning on October 11 (Sat), if anyone is interested let me know. Karen
2007 Dodge 2500
KarenS

Postby KarenS » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:40 pm

Hello Ladies, this is the weekend of the Wolf Preserve campout so sorry none of you wanted to go. I will not give up on inviting you -well not yet anyway--hopefully the next mini gtg I have some of you will be available. Hope you all have a great weekend. It will be almost a full moon this weekend at the wolf preserve so I have scary movies to watch - Hope to see you all soon. KarenS
2007 Dodge 2500
KarenS

Postby Bethers » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:34 pm

Karen, if I was in FL, this is one I'd be attending. But I don't think I've ever gotten there this early in the season when I did head down. That's probably why so few. Keep mentioned your places - they are such interesting spots - I'm sure some will start making it to some of them.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:40 pm

There will be more gals heading to Florida soon, so you should get more responses in the next month or two to your invites. :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby KarenS » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:31 am

Bethers and BarbaraRose and anyone else checking this, I am not giving up yet, so how about this when you all get to Florida, let me know and I will plan several mini gtg's for us to all meet - Safe travels to all and hope to meet you all soon. KarenS
2007 Dodge 2500
KarenS

Postby Liz » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:47 pm

Sorry, Karen, I completely forgot about this. And here I am in the panhandle of Florida, and could have made it. Did want to visit Nan though, so that's what I'm doing before heading to McIntosh/Ocala area.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby retiredhappy » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:51 am

I have some reservations about this "preserve". I have a problem with all the human activity around the wolves as they normally, in the wild, are smart enough to stay away from humans. Letting groups of people in their enclosures seems to me, to be stressful to the wolves. Also having activities such as live bands disturbing them doesn't seem like a very good idea to me. I certainly hope they're not breeding here. A lady in New Mexico who has a federal license to keep wolves gets her's from people who have tried to raise a wolf like a dog and it wasn't successful, ones that have had to be relocated or were injured and can't be put back in the wild. She also has a lot of wolf/dog mixes who also don't make good pets. This facility sounds much more like a money-making zoo than a "preserve".
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:13 am

I would love to visit this place!

It is a non-profit reserve. Sounds like a very educational experience and that they take precautions so as not to stress the wolves, and keep everyone safe.

The only music I read about was a flute concert, and that wouldn't be disturbing to the animals there.

If I ever get down that way, I will check it out!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby KarenS » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:18 pm

The lady that runs the preserve is awesome and loves them so much, they are well taken care of and each pack has approx a 3 acre enclosure or larger, they can teach you so much, however we did not camp there as there was an event there well 2 of the girls camped one nite but they took horses and the people did not want horse manure in the field where everyone was walking etc. but they enjoyed sitting out looking at the full moon and hearing all the wolves sound off if you ever get near you all should go you would be amazed at this facility and the time and everything they put into it.
2007 Dodge 2500
KarenS

Postby Nasoosie » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:55 am

I would have loved to have seen this place, but I wasn't down here early enough to make it. Perhaps another time!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby KarenS » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:01 pm

Hey ladies, sorry, I do not get on here very often sorry you all missed it but perhaps another time. Hope you all are having some good camping trips. Karen S
2007 Dodge 2500
KarenS

Return to Get Togethers