Blue Marlin Day 2 Aug 2014 and note for Day 3

Let's get together!

Blue Marlin Day 2 Aug 2014 and note for Day 3

Postby bluepinecones » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:23 pm

We started the day with another opportunity for Tina's pups to entertain us swimming. Mitch and Tina were supervising; look close to see dog heads near pier

Remi doesn't get in the water but stays close by to be sure he doesn't miss something important

Spinner didn't get to go swimming but he and Lori came for a visit while we waited for dogs to dry off enough to go back in their crates.

Then it was off to the farmers market. We bought corn, peaches, blueberries and home made bread

There were also brief stops at Lowe's and of course, Wal-Mart. By then it was nap time.

Followed by cocktail hour

And another wonderful dinner: Hamburgers, potato salad, cucumber salad and fresh corn on the cob
Last edited by bluepinecones on Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Re: Blue Marlin Day 2 Aug 2014

Postby VickieP » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:37 pm

And I spy Miss Abby! :D
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby bluepinecones » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:04 am

Yes, Miss Abby joined us for the cocktail hour.
bluepinecones

Postby Irmi » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:57 am

Keep having fun! It sure looks like you are as well as the four leggers!
Irmi

Postby grammynmaggie » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:46 am

Looking good from here...what fun GTG'rs ...
thanks for the pix and keeping us posted...
grammynmaggie

Postby Redetotry » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:33 am

Happy people happy dogs, great combination. Those tomatoes looked so good! Thanks for the pictures and post Sarah.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby avalen » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:49 am

:D :D :D
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby havingfunnow » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:08 am

So much fun! :D
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby Carolinagal » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:24 am

I was happy to see miss Abby out, she supervising happy hour ??? Or is it cooler and she decided to add more beauty to the area ??

Enjoyed your pics Sarah, they are very nice and I too thought the tomatoes looked good. Bet that corn was good, one of my many favorite things right out of the garden !,

I suspect you guys are having way more fun then pics are portraying, we need sound on some of those conversations :lol: :o Keep on having fun and letting us enjoy along with you .

CArol :)
Carolinagal

Postby BarbaraRose » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:34 pm

Yum! My kind of meal! Am still waiting for corn to be ready here locally. Will only buy corn picked that same day. Should be soon! Fresh picked tomatoes are awesome too! Just picked a few of my cherry tomatoes at my dads the other day and they were great!

Looks like pups are having a great time as well! (I sure hope Mitch got rid of those snakes near the pond by now! :shock:)
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Re: Blue Marlin Day 2 Aug 2014 and note for Day 3

Postby bluepinecones » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:39 pm

You are right about the tomatoes being really great - best ones I've had this year. Those were from one of Mitch's neighbors garden.

Day 3 was declared a lay back, whatever day around the Blue Marlin. Lori and Dock watched the car races, Tina and I got in a practice game of cards (Hand and Foot). Long time since either of us played. We need to get back up to speed in case we run into any card sharks in FL this winter.

Mitch whipped up a pizza to go with our left overs for dinner. Have to tell you that left overs around here are outstanding! And for a special treat she made goat cheese stuffed dates.

Mitch and Tina also got in two long walks - morning and evening. It was still very hot but thankfully the humidity was a little lower and there was a light breeze much of the day.

And we did a little straightening up in our rigs plus computer time and dog walking around the property. Don't know if the snakes are gone but we have not encountered any so far.

Sorry, no photos today.
bluepinecones

Postby dayspring39 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:47 am

WOW WOW WOW I guess you could say when you snooze you lose... all this fun and here I set in Clinton Township... love love to see all of those fur babies getting a swim... Shadow is chicken of the water...
Thanks Sarah for the great reports... mmm mmm mmm food and chatting with friends is the best get together I can think of! Sure would be good to see all of you in person...
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby IrishIroamed » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:51 am

Thanks for posting the pics Sarah. Looks like a fun time being had by all, including the 4-leggers. I sure can not wait until I can drive out of Illinois to meet peeps. You always seem to have way too much fun (if there is such a thing).
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby carold » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:54 am

Great to see another fun GTG.
carold

Return to Get Togethers