Update on GTG in Texas

Let's get together!

November GTG near San Antonio Texas

Postby retiredhappy » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:01 pm

Am trying to put together a GTG the first or second week of November in Kerrville Texas at the Guadalupe RV Resort on the Guadalupe River. Its about an hour from San Antonio, near enough to go in for the day but far enough that we don't have the traffic.

GRVR has a heated indoor pool, nice walking areas down by the river, a nice big room for a potluck and a small pub. Its in the Hill Country which is a pretty area of Texas.

Anyone interested just let me know. When I get a tentative head count I'll see about getting us sites together.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Re: November GTG near San Antonio Texas

Postby Bethers » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:37 pm

Karen, I'm IN. I know there are at least a few others intersted. We need to find out if they're ok with being an hour from SA. My feeling is that we can do the day trip - as long as someone will let me ride with them. I'll only have my rv with me, won't even have the scooter, I don't think.

As soon as we have the actual days planned, I'll let them know here and get the time off.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby retiredhappy » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:33 pm

I have a car that seats four. If there are enough of us I'll check into a local small bus thingy we might be able to get for the day tht would hold all of us and a driver.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Liz » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:21 am

I'm a definite maybe.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Sunseeker » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:39 pm

Karen, I mentioned this to Beth and wonder if this might be a good idea. I plan to come for a week, although some of the other gals will just be stopping by for a few days. I'd like to come from Oct. 29 thru Nov. 5th. I know a few members said they'd like to come late October, some early November worked well. I think we'd have a better chance of meeting if we held it during this time frame.

What do you think?
Sunseeker Jill
also Tommy and furkids Sami and Molly
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby retiredhappy » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:51 pm

I'm working at Schreiner park until November 1st. Once I'm at Guadalupe RV Resort anyone can come by and stay as long as they like. Will check and see if we get any kind of break for a certain number of people. Then we can try and narrow the dates down.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Sunseeker » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:13 am

Oh, I see, Karen. You won't even be getting there till the 1st. I hope the other interested gals can make it then too. It sure would be fun to get together. I'm certainly flexible with my dates.
Sunseeker Jill
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby retiredhappy » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:33 pm

Sunseeker, you can always come visit me at Schreiner Park. Its really pretty; wooded and runs along the Guadalupe River. :mrgreen:
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Bethers » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:43 pm

Karen, Can you look into what kind of rates you can get us there - and plan it for the beginning of Nov - when you'll be back. And we'll go from there? See if that'll work for anyone interested? If I can't get off work, I'll be able to come for 3 -4 nights - most likely during the week - so I'm looking at coming maybe on a Monday or Tuesday night and leaving on a Friday (unless everyone else needs to be there over the weekend, then I'll either stay till Sunday if I can work out the days off or come in on Sat the 1st and leave on the following Thursday. (I work weekends). So maybe anyone coming for a week could look at Sat - Sat 11/1-8 or Sun - Sun 11/2-9 or even longer if they wish? And if anyone can only do the weekend, then I'll make sure to take one of those two weekends off - as soon as I know which to plan for :)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Sunseeker » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:25 am

Can we have campfires there? I think a group bus into SA would be worth the cost with all contributing. Those dates sound good to me, but as I already stated I'm certainly flexible. Did you mention a pub? Puts me to mind of Betty's happy hour on her patio. What a hoot!

Karen, we have reservations at Lake o' The Pines near Jefferson TX for mid-October, so will probably be better after the 1st anyway. I'd sure like to see your other park some other time, though.
Sunseeker Jill
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby calicogirl » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:59 pm

Count me in ...I will want to know about cabins plus cost
I think the small bus is a good idea
Also the dates.....for me it doesn't make any difference I am free.
Kathy
calicogirl

Postby Sunseeker » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:11 pm

Kathy, go to the www.Guadalupervresort.com website. They have lots of pictures of the property with some lovely little cottages. I do hope you will join us! I'm sure Karen will put your name on one when we get a final head count.
Sunseeker Jill
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby mtngal » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:37 pm

Hi Karen, count me in for SA the first week of November. Just by coincidence, I had sent you a pm asking about this very rv resort as my daughter and I are thinking about going there next week for a couple days. Sounds like the plan for a GTG based there is a great recommendation! BTW, I probably won't have a rig by November, so will want to rent a cabin, happy to share a two bedroom with other rigless wanderer. Diana
Diana
mtngal

Postby Bethers » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:40 pm

Yippee, the count is growing!

Kathy (calicogirl) and Diane (mtngal) - you might want to talk to each other about sharing a cabin. That would be great if you could bring down your expenses that way.
Beth
Bethers

Update on GTG in Texas

Postby retiredhappy » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:04 am

Thought I'd update this thread. Okay, here's the deal. I checked on prices at Guadalupe and they're really high especially the cabins, probably because they're full service cabins.

So, change of plans. Kerrville Schreiner Park (where I'm workamping Sept & Oct) has FHU sites along the river for $21 a nite. They have cabins also on the river for $55 a nite (Plus $25 refundable deposit). The cabins have heat/AC, table and chairs and four bunk beds so they sleep four. The cabins are no pet zones. They have a loop by the river called Sycamore Circle with ten 50/30 amp pull-thru sites. I asked them this morning to put a hold on all ten sites for Nov 3rd thru the 7th. In order to get the entire loop, we each need to call (830) 257-5392 and make our individual reservations as soon as possible to be sure we're all together. Tell them you are with the women rv group and ask for Sycamore Circle. If you call for a cabin also tell them you are with our group and ask for a cabin closest to Sycamore circle. (If you're talking to Reggie (furbaby Jake) she is also a solo woman RVer currently workamping there. I gave her our website and invited her to join). Yes, we can have a fire to sit around in the evening. they also have an outside group shelter thingy for a potluck or we can just have it at one of the sites.

As for the dates they are set in jello. Anyone can come earlier or stay later. I'll be there till about Nov 15th anyway before I move to Guadalupe (if I do). I just tried to set a period where some of us would be there for sure so people can come and go as they wish.

I'm now going to check out our two local theaters to see what they have going on during that week. Will also check on the cost of getting a small bus to take us all as a group to San Antonio for the day. The tentative (very tentative) activities are:
GTG Potluck dinner (I don't do breakfast until around 9am)
Attend a show at one of the theaters
Visit to "Stonehenge" and lunch at Chili's
Trip into San Antonio Alamo, riverwalk, boat ride and lunch at Mexican restaurant
Trip to Fredericksburg - lunch at German restaurant
All of this is set in jello

I've never put one of these things together before so any ideas would be appreciated.
Last edited by retiredhappy on Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Next

Return to Get Togethers