Quartzsite??

Let's get together!

Quartzsite??

Postby monik7 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:08 pm

Is there anything planned for a GTG at Quartzsite this year? I know Sheila is there but was wondering if any others plan to go during the show (I'm not sure of the dates but think it starts around Jan. 18). It was such great fun last year. I'm really stir crazy and thinking of heading out sometime after the New Year. Thought I might head toward Valley of Fire and anything else in the area and then possibly down toward Quartzsite. Would love to know if others plan to be there and if so where they're staying - BLM or elsewhere. I sure hope there may be others because I'd love to meet up with any and all, my good friend Sheila included.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Re: Quartzsite??

Postby sharon » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:48 pm

I'm thinking about it and if I do, Evie is coming, too. Donna H is a maybe and Lyn will be camping down with the rvw but is planning on visiting Sheila. I'll try and make it, would love to see you again, but as far as a planned GTG, not that I know of.
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby snowball » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:54 pm

Ava is planning on coming over
I'd love all the company that I can have...with the issues with my genny ect forgot that I was going
to come in and set a date sorta
The pow wow is Jan 22 Thru Jan 26...and that is when I'm the salad maker in the evenings....it's the rock show not noticed the signs as to when the big tent show is but is usually the week before the pow wow I think with some stuff in the tent during the pow wow
we are pretty informal when I see what all everyone else does at there gtg's worry that we are too laid back and everyone will be bored but we do enjoy the chatting oh yes usually Jenny is here parked with the boomers but comes over
sheila
snowball

Postby chalet05 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:44 am

Show is 18th-26th. I will have just returned to Arizona not long before that and dealing with truck shopping, but I will at least come over for a day.
Anita
chalet05

Postby avalen » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:26 am

yep, planning on a day trip but will plan it for a day the majority is there. It was certainly fun last year.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby SoCalGalcas » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:54 am

I'm definitely coming over to Q. I'm leaving San Diego Jan 13th. It takes me five hours to drive to Q. This year will be my first in the cosy camper with a porta potty. Previously I've had a "big rig". I may stay with Sheila in the long term parking so as to have a place to dump frequently. I also want to get a small solar panel for the cosy camper, so a visit to Solar Bill is in order.
I'm very happy to sit and visit at a gtg so don't make any big plans for me. I also will be visiting the RVW campers and some others in La Posa South. I so like to visit the Big Tent to see all the vendors. Lots to do out there and I love it!!! lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby RVDy » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:41 pm

I will be at the RVW area from Jan 14th - 21st... come on by
I have a 1996 35' Allegro Bay White
1998 Saturn Wagon dark green

If you are meeting somewhere else for a GTG please let me know I'd like to drop by.

Dy
In Northern Calif.
RVDy

Postby snowball » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:43 pm

RVDy wrote:I will be at the RVW area from Jan 14th - 21st... come on by
I have a 1996 35' Allegro Bay White
1998 Saturn Wagon dark green

If you are meeting somewhere else for a GTG please let me know I'd like to drop by.

Dy
In Northern Calif.

we will meeting in North La Posa from town go through the second stop light going south on AZ95 turn on the first left (you will go by the check in area) continue on the paved road not too far it will turn in to a dirt road and you go through a wash...will see the dumpsters about 6-8 of them. Turn fight follow the road it will sorta angle to the right follow it about a half mile you will see two 5th wheels one with a big hauler if you pass them you have gone to far...my 5th wheel is just before theirs again angle off to the right and follow the road if I figure out how to get the signs up you will see one on the road just pass the dumpsters one will say middle of nowhere and and arrow also a bear and cardinal will be beside it. where you turn on the road to go to my 5th wheel will be another sign middle of nowhere also another bear and cardinal with the name Boyd on it...haven't figured out how he put them in the ground yet ...pm me and I'll send you my telephone number
where is the RVW area?
sheila
snowball

Postby snowball » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:12 am

I put up the signs today so the path is marked
let us know who all is coming so we can plan a meal
sheila
snowball

Re: Quartzsite RVW area

Postby RVDy » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:36 am

Sheila... you asked where the RVW area is...

The RVW area is South from Main St. on 95...
when you see mile marker 99 take next paved road to right.
take first dirt road on right..

You will pass the ham radio operators, then the Beaver Motor Coach area then the RVW area is
right after the Beavers.

You can go to the RVingwomen.org web site for more info. or pm me.

I will be arriving on the 13th and leaving on 20th. I believe on Friday is the Pot luck
will have many vendors and speakers on Thurs, Fri, Sat & Sun. nightly happy hours about
4p.m. and campfires nightly Thurs-Sun.

Dy
from No. Calif.
RVDy

Postby sharon » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:45 pm

Evie and I will be there on the 19th, camping out by Shiela. Leaving around the middle of the week or whenever Blue Ox gets done with my tow bar. May stay til the end of the week, hard telling what I'm gonna do! LOL! Donna (rye gal) is gonna be out with the Lows, wherever that is but she will be over to chat.
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby Rufflesgurl » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:51 pm

Sharon - LoWs, WINs and Escapee Solos usually are on Plomosa Rd. which is in the other direction off 95 from where Sheila camps.

Linda
Rufflesgurl

Postby sharon » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:36 pm

Thanks Linda! Are you coming out? Hope to see you!!

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby Rufflesgurl » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:08 pm

Thanks Sharon - would like to see you again too. Still contemplating whether to go to Quartzsite this year. Would like to meet Evie too - I see her on RVAmerica women's forum some times.

Linda
Rufflesgurl

Postby sharon » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:41 pm

Plans changed...Evie is sick again! She went to the doc today, she was afraid it was pneumonia. Thank the Lord it's not. She does have pleurisy and bronchitis, so needless to say she won't be coming out. I'll be there on the 18th. Still not sure if I can bring the car or will have to bring the RZR. Just not sure I trust that tow bar until Blue Ox looks at it. On a good note....Evie has drugs, good ones!! :D

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Next

Return to Get Togethers