Midwest - Flint Hills (KS) GTG - September 19-22

Let's get together!

Re: Midwest - Flint Hills (KS) GTG - September 19-22

Postby SoCalGalcas » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:15 am

So sorry you will not be attending the KS GTG. However, I do understand about Sassy. Our pets are a big part of our lives and we must do what is best for them. Maybe we could get some type of a "rolling GTG" going in Michigan next year?!?!?! lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby carolb » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:21 am

Well, y'all haven't heard from me, since I've been in such turmoil over this gtg! It's such a grand idea, being centrally located, bringing members from all over the US! :D But alas, I won't be there :( Distance-wise, it's half way across the US, which would be a great start to my winter trip, but timing, it's too early for me to start my winter trip...Dang!!! Will be leaving for my winter trip around mid Nov, may go west first, so will try to catch up with some of you along my route, which I haven't decided on yet! :roll: ... & then again, I may do my usual heading south first :? jello jello jello

Will be enjoying the gtg via your pix! I know it'll be wonderful :D
carolb

Postby GlennaRae » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:06 am

I will not be attending the GTG in Kansas. I do not feel comfortable going because of my husband's health.

Sorry you all will not get to watch me back in, maybe next time. This is a very popular GTG, maybe because it was in the center of the country. If anyone is traveling HWY 75 thru Bartlesville, Ok. let me know, maybe we could meet for a cup of coffee.

Glenna
GlennaRae

Postby gingerK » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:18 am

Ok, just changed my reservation to site 44. Could we update the list or map to reflect where everyone's moved to now?
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby BirdbyBird » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:03 am

Glenna had PMed me yesterday so I was able to change my split reservation and stay on site 43 the entire week. Thanks Glenna for the heads up. It is nice to settle in and inflate the kayaks and know that you are there for the duration. :) We will send extra pictures for you to enjoy since you can't come this time......
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Carolinagal » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:09 am

As of a few minutes ago site # 15, became available. Had to bust my little dream bubble this morning and get it cancelled.

If I would be honest with myself, this summer stay down here, the trips I need to make back to NC, and still be able to be down here this winter, I'd end up way short on funds. I think like a spoiled brat sometimes though, when I want to do something , I want to do it !!!! Hard to accept no. :o :roll:

I will really miss not being there, I think it's going to be a good one. I will one day stay at that CG ,In a water site . From pics it seems the ideal fun place, Thanks Catherine for finding it for this GTG.

You all have fun, i know you will, and I'll be watching for the pics,

CARol :(
Carolinagal

Postby monik7 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:28 pm

Getting fewer and fewer in the "back 40." I sure hope Birdie and any others there don't decide to move or back out. Could get lonely.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby Birdie » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:36 pm

Nah, Sandi, I am there! Will be in on Sunday the 14th for sure and if the traveling Gods are with me I may be a day earlier. Never can tell when you hit the road just how things will go for you.
2012 Class A Winnebago 30T (is for sale)
Coach House Platnium (my now rig)
Chevy HHR
Birdie

Location: After 10 years full-time, I am off the road in North FL!

Postby cnq50b » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:09 pm

I updated the list in the first post as best I could. I also left in 2 walk-up sites that may be available if anyone wants to switch when they arrive. Not sure how to update the map - but the list is pretty easy to follow. :lol: If I've got anything wrong - or worse removed anyone by mistake, feel free to let me know - I take advice pretty well. :lol:

Can't wait!
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby gingerK » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:10 am

Ok, now I'm confused (easy for me); yesterday I changed my reservation to site 44-it said it was available and let me book it. Previously, Peggy had been in that site. I went back and searched this thread to see if she'd mentioned moving or cancelling but didn't find anything. I sure hope it didn't make a mistake and give me Peggy's site in error.
gingerK

Postby cnq50b » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:01 am

GingerK, You might double-check with Peggy or the folks at the cg. I'm pretty sure their system wouldn't let you double-book a site. In the meantime, I'll edit the first post to reflect the confusion. :lol: :lol:
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby gingerK » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:57 am

Thanks, Catherine, I'm doing just that.
gingerK

Postby PeggyinCT » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:56 am

Hello Everybody,
Unfortunately, I'm not going to make the gtg. I've been in denial for months thinking I could make the gtg. I even thought about flying out for a day or two. The reality is I have to see my Urologist every three months and my next appt is in October. I can't drive half way across the country and then turn around and drive back. Some days I try to convince myself that I could do it and then my common sense kicks in.
I even thought about getting my bladder checked somewhere on the road and then again my better judgement nixes that idea. I had a tumor removed in February and at this point I don't need chemo or radiation, but I can't stray far from home for the first year.
The doc said don't grow another one and I agreed.
I am very disappointed, but such is life. I grateful to have a bladder. Peggy
PeggyinCT

Postby cnq50b » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:44 pm

Don't give it a second thought, Peggy. Better that you take care of yourself than try to get out here. There will be other GTGs - although you were the real instigator of this one. I know each of our paths cross precisely at the right time & the right place. :D

We'll have to get lots of photos for those not coming. And for those there, that means more ribs per person. ;)
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby gingerK » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:10 pm

Ok, thank you, no longer confused! :)
gingerK

PreviousNext

Return to Get Togethers