Midwest - Flint Hills (KS) GTG - September 19-22

Let's get together!

Re: Midwest - Flint Hills (KS) GTG - September 19-22

Postby monik7 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:34 pm

Sheila, I sure hope you'll come. Remember, you only live once. Would be great to see you again.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby SoCalGalcas » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:33 am

Hey Sheila, heres my vote for you coming to KS!!! This is going to be a fun GTG. Melissa, I'm very disappointed that you and Phoenix will not be there. I was so looking forward to meeting you two and the GD. And now, no southern chili! lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby snowball » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:18 pm

I'm thinking but at the same time have to be a responsible adult and remember
all I need to do for the trailer and not cheap stuff either..but am considering for sure
sheila
snowball

Postby Redetotry » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:20 am

I haven't officially told anyone I have a reservation as I was waiting to see what DH was doing in Sept. I knew he was going to Scotland but we didn't know his dates and of course they turned out to be just close enough for me to need to cancel. So if anyone wants site #45 for Sunday Sep 14 departing Thursday the 18th I'll be cancelling soon. I so wanted to come because there will be so many attending that I haven't met plus I know people along the way I wanted to stop and visit. :( I just can't manage traveling with three dogs, one who is almost 14 and HATES to ride in any type of vehicle, plus Toby and my new little one.
If anyone coming or going would like to meet near St. Louis or come to Southern Illinois before Sept 18th or after Sept 27th I would love to see you. You are welcome here on the dates he will be gone and we could of course site see around here, I just couldn't travel to meet you during that time.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby BirdbyBird » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:50 am

And for those that are traveling through the Carbondale area......BJ has a really nice small campground near her that is easy to get into and out of and accepts the Senior pass......She also knows nice small, quiet restaurants.... :)
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby gingerK » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:46 am

BJ couldn't you get a house sitter to stay with the dogs? And we will probably be coming back thru the St. Louis area on our way back home.
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby Redetotry » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:14 am

gingerK wrote:BJ couldn't you get a house sitter to stay with the dogs? And we will probably be coming back thru the St. Louis area on our way back home.

I used to hire college students to help clean and also pet sit but, but since I have retired I haven't had much luck finding anyone. I really enjoyed having them around and had one or two who each worked over 5 years for us. The dogs knew what days they worked and would go wait by the door. Maybe I'll wait to cancel my reservation and put an ad in the school paper.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby monik7 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:13 pm

Just a question. Is anyone else getting as anxious as I am for this GTG to finally start? I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas!
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby gingerK » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:52 pm

monik7 wrote:Just a question. Is anyone else getting as anxious as I am for this GTG to finally start? I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas!
Sandi

Me too! :D I'm counting the days!
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby BirdbyBird » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:49 am

I keep thinking about sitting still and looking out over the beautiful lake........and knowing my blood pressure is going down.... :)
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby sharon » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:28 pm

monik7 wrote:Just a question. Is anyone else getting as anxious as I am for this GTG to finally start? I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas!
Sandi

I didn't get out of town end of June like I normally do and there was even a question until last night as to whether I was going to get to leave at all but as of right this minute I'll be out of here Sept. 4th! I have hitch itch so bad I can't sit still and Hope isn't talking to me at all. Hopefully she gets it all together and decides to start and run end of August when I pull her around to load. Everyone say a prayer to whom ever you pray to that I can get out of here!!! So in answer to Sandis question....A huge heartfelt YES! ME!! I'm anxious!!!
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby chalet05 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:38 pm

Sandi, not only am I excited about the GTG, but I get to see 3 grandkids when I get to Kansas! Plus my dentist and my doctor (routine).

Sharon, I'll be praying you get out of there on the 4th - I'm counting on it!!
Anita
chalet05

Postby bluepinecones » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:00 pm

Oh yes, getting excited here also.
BTW: When redoing my storage bay this week (see photos in rig section), discovered I have way too many paper plates, napkins and paper towels so if needed in KS, we can use these.
I also have several DuraFlame starter logs and a little store bought fire wood that needs to be used. Will bring that along.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby Bethers » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:44 am

Sarah, the firewood from Alabama should stay there. Most places don't allow out of state firewood. Some don't allow out of county firewood. The Duraflame can travel though. :-)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Colliemom » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:42 pm

Due to some changes in my plans, I have cancelled my reservation for Site 16 if anybody wants it. After having the vet checkup with Sassy and the uncertainity of how she is going to progress down the road here, I decided it's best to keep her here in MI and just do trips within the state. Plus my BFF are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary that same weekend and I stood up for the wedding, so want to go celebrate with them and their family. I have cousin's in the area who have not seen me in about 10 years and they are hoping I would come down so we can get together while I am there. The RV dealer also is ordering the parts to fix my awning and not sure just when they will arrive, so I don't know if my TT would even be available in time for me to hit the road next month when I would have to leave. Just too many things happening at the same time.

So sorry ladies. Hopefully I can meet up with some of you another time. Enjoy yourselves and think of those of us who had to cancel. We will be watching for pictures and campfire tales...
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

PreviousNext

Return to Get Togethers