Midwest - Flint Hills (KS) GTG - September 19-22

Let's get together!

Re: Midwest - Flint Hills (KS) GTG - September 19-22

Postby Birdie » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:41 pm

Lyn, I have Mexican Train. Also a small B-B-Q, I'll do burgers or pork chops! I think there is a saying about the South shall rise again! Is this the time? (Rebel yell!!!)
2012 Class A Winnebago 30T (is for sale)
Coach House Platnium (my now rig)
Chevy HHR
Birdie

Location: After 10 years full-time, I am off the road in North FL!

Postby Wings » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:55 pm

I will be going also. I believe I reserved site 10 and will arrive around the 19th and stay till the 22. My plan is to leave home around July 26th and slowly drive up as far as Maine along the Atlantic coast then come back down through upstate New York along the Great Lakes and down to KS from there. If I time it right I will be there on Sept 19. This will be my first get together with a large number of people. It sounds like it will be a lot of fun and I will be able to meet everyone.
it will be my first long trip in the new Motorhome .

Claudia and Howdy Doody the Papillon.
Wings

Postby BirdbyBird » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:21 am

Just to clear up any misunderstanding....the reference to "south" in my earlier post was an auto correct that I didn't bother to correct. :lol: I'm from Ohio and never gotten the flocking flamingos, southern thing. The rising Phoenix image, now I understand that..... :) :D But to get to the important point of all this. The distances around the campground are all doable and you really can't visit and talk with everyone all at the same time anyway and really get to know them no matter how close the rigs are. This will work just fine. :)
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby SoCalGalcas » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:21 am

Tina, I haven't the slightest idea what you are talking about?!?!?! South, flamingos?!?!?! lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby BirdbyBird » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:56 am

LOL :lol: Lyn one of my earlier posts with the help of auto correct referred to " south fun folks" instead of some fun folks... There were then additional comments by others about rebel yells and competitions.... I'm a northern Yankee :o so didn't want anyone to think I was drawing lines. Some of my friends are southern ladies... :)
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Colliemom » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:53 am

Hey, I'm a blue blood northerner in the middle of all the "southern folk" down at that end :lol: And yes, Birdie mentioned my getting a new grill. Will bring it. Not sure of my route yet either. Might go through U.P. and down the River Road in WI and head south for some change of scenery. Who knows.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby gingerK » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:04 am

Sue if you decide to head down south of Lake Michigan, it seems we are having us a convoy down to Kansas here from IL. We'd love to have you with us.
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby cnq50b » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:06 pm

They had a special about KS farming on public TV this morning & highlighted this family who have made several youtube videos. Thought it might make your drive across KS more enjoyable seeing it from their vantage point. Here are a couple samples ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX153eYcVrY
http://youtu.be/0F1dSLxHE8c
Can't wait to see everyone. :D
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby SoCalGalcas » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:50 am

Catherine, that was very interesting! I watched the "baling" twice. I always wondered how they made those round bales. I marvel at how machines make life so much easier today. lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby Colliemom » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:36 pm

Kathy, saw your post about heading down the Lake Michigan side on my way to KS and maybe joining up with you and others. At this point I don't know for sure which way I am going, contemplating going across the U.P. to the far side of WI and taking the River Road down along the Mississippi and going through Iowa etc. Plus my dates are to arrive on the 16th, which is earlier than you, although I am thinking of maybe changing those dates a bit to spend more time enjoying the trip down. Will let you know what I decide before we all leave. I want to avoid the big cities on my way.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby retiredhappy » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:07 am

Can someone update the campground map showing who's where?
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby monik7 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:39 pm

OK, I finally made a decision and I'm going to join you all in Sept., site #19, 9/18 - 9/22. I'd really like to get that walk-up site 41A. I called the campground and asked if I could possibly reserve it. The lady said no. So My dogs and I will get lots of exercise walking between locations, and I'm sure all 3 of us can use the exercise. I'm looking forward to seeing those of you I've met in the past and really glad I'm going to meet all of those I haven't met yet. See you all in Sept. Now I'm excited! :)
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby cnq50b » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:52 am

Oh Sandi, I am more excited than ever now! :D
I'm going out there in a couple of weeks, I'll scout out distances, sites, etc. I'm also going to find out if even though I have reserved a site if a more desireable walkup one (like 41a) is available if I can trade for it when I get there.
I'll also inquire about using the group site close to us. If we would be able to book a few of those sites or if we have to book the whole thing. If that's the case, we'd have to have consensus from everyone down at the other end to use it. The biggest drawback is it isn't a waterfront whereas almost all other sites are. I'll report back when I get back.
And I'm still very open to trading... I'm local & don't have a problem at all being down at the other end. I do believe it might be nice to have a little distance from the ruckus (& the police raids). :lol: :lol:
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby Birdie » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:01 pm

I have a car and am also in the hinterland. By the way, I really want to be close to the water for water play time. I don't have a problem with letting some of you all using the car. I really, really expect to just paddle down there :lol: .
2012 Class A Winnebago 30T (is for sale)
Coach House Platnium (my now rig)
Chevy HHR
Birdie

Location: After 10 years full-time, I am off the road in North FL!

Postby gingerK » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:39 pm

So what's our head count up to now?
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

PreviousNext

Return to Get Togethers