Midwest - Flint Hills (KS) GTG - September 19-22

Let's get together!

Re: Midwest - Flint Hills (KS) GTG - September 19-22

Postby bluepinecones » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:18 am

Sue……… Go back to some slightly earlier posts; think I remember Tina saying something about bringing an extra kayak if anyone interested.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby BirdbyBird » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:57 am

Sarah was paying attention like always.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby monik7 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:02 pm

I've been toying with whether I should attend this GTG considering I just finished a 5,200+ mile trip. Seems only #19 is available. I'm not sure about being so far away from the main group. It's not a matter of not being able to walk it, but I'd sure rather be near where the majority are. If anyone is going to cancel from the main campsites, could you let me know ahead of time so I might be able to snag it? If that could happen, it would be an easy decision for me. I sure would enjoy the opportunity to meet everyone. Thanks.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby BirdbyBird » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:00 pm

Sandi, I will have a car available in the other section. Hey, we might have south fun folks will have to come find us.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby monik7 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:33 pm

After thinking about it, I'll withdraw my request in my earlier post since I think others who've already committed to attending should have first chance at any sites opening up near the main group.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby gingerK » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:29 pm

Sandi, I have no intention of moving to another site if one opens up. I wish you'd just come and join us. No matter where we are in the cg, we will all find a way to get together and someone always has a vehicle to pick up us farther away folks if need be. So c'mon! You've met Cheryl, now you need to meet another of your IL peeps!
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby gingerK » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:31 pm

BirdbyBird wrote:Sandi, I will have a car available in the other section. Hey, we might have south fun folks will have to come find us.

Zactly!
gingerK

Postby Bethers » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:07 pm

Two gtg's at one park - now that would be something :) There will sure be enough of you to do it.

And, Sandi, I agree that you should go for it - will be plenty of ways to get back and forth, I'm sure. You won't be alone over there!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BurninDaylight » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:12 pm

I will be in No 13 down there by you girls. I hope this will fit in the front storage under the kingpin in the "Meatball"

The meatball and the sauce

BurninDaylight

Postby IrishIroamed » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:49 pm

Sandi - you should go to KS. Weather should be great around that time (no storms like you experienced on your earlier trip to Illinois, etc), but may be a little nippy at nighttime, but the pups can help keep you warm :D Plus, bring the bike and you could just bike it to either group if needed.

Bethers wrote:Two gtg's at one park - now that would be something :) There will sure be enough of you to do it.

ooo - could have some games between both camps to see who wins - who want to be the cruise director? :lol:
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby mitch5252 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:27 pm

Bethers wrote:Two gtg's at one park - now that would be something :) There will sure be enough of you to do it.!

Hey, TWO - great idea - one for the Forum and one for the Pinkies...
mitch5252

Postby Colliemom » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:04 am

Sandi,

I'm down on #16, Birdie is on a#17 and CArol on #15 but she may not be able to come as we all know about her eye problem. She's hanging on to that site for now, but you go ahead and book #19. There will be plenty of us around down that way. Besides you can always change sites after you get there if you see something better. So come on, join up :)
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby SoCalGalcas » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:00 am

Yes Sandi, please do plan on coming to KS. We could caravan together. Arranging to meet up in probably Utah. Remember, I will gladly give my site up if I can get one of the non-electricity sites. Altho a northern and southern GTG in the same park sounds interesting! lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby gingerK » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:10 am

Ok, just throwing this out there and maybe Catherine can speak to what it looks like, but I went on the website and the group campsite right near everyone is still available. Now, I'm not sure what the configuration of the site is or how many rigs it can accomodate but might it be possible for those of us parked farther away to change our reservations to the group site and so be closer to the "action"? Just a thought.
gingerK

Postby SoCalGalcas » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:11 am

I will bring prizes for the competition between the North and South! Does anyone have Mexican Train? Should I bring my set of 12? That is the only game I carry. I also carry a bar-be-que and Sue just bought a new one! Best chicken bar-be-cue? lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

PreviousNext

Return to Get Togethers