FL Hillsborough River SP GTG 1/25/14 - 2/2/14

Let's get together!

Re: FL Hillsborough River SP GTG 1/25/14 - 2/2/14

Postby bluepinecones » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:39 pm

Just wanted to thank Linda for setting this gtg up. It was wonderful to see old friends again and to meet new ones.

Think will have free Wifi at next stop. Will post more about our "stay over day' then (me, Nan, Dell and CArol).
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby grammynmaggie » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:22 am

Made it back okay just in time for the Super Bowl what a game
will be cleaning refurbishing today. this week I will be spending time with my sister my dad over it Wickham Park on and off.. will do more blog post about our time at Hillsborough
Will let you know when I post them... thanks Linda also
have a fun day and stay safe
donna
grammynmaggie

Postby BarbaraRose » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:12 pm

Finally some pics! (I really need a personal tutorial for Photobucket! :roll: :twisted: )

Inside of Nan's new rig. Nan, Donna, and Cathy (my FL friend)

Didn't think to take any more photos after leaving Nan's rig... :roll: We visited with Soos, Marge & Roger, and Louise. Briefly met Lisa, Linda and Sarah. Met all their pups too!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Roadweaver » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:41 pm

I truly enjoyed myself. I hope to meet more of you wonderful ladies. I think I laughed myself sick.
My birthday was even more special because I was with new friends. I thank all of you for making my birthday so special.

I am hooked on getting with all of you whenever I can.
Louise
Image[/url]
by roadweaver, on Flickr

Blog-roadweaver.blogspot.com
Roadweaver

Postby Nasoosie » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:03 pm

In spite of the rain and cold, as others have said, we still managed to have 6 of 7 nights together for potluck suppers! And what food there was! It was neat to meet those of you I have met before again, and also fun to meet Annette and Lisa and Barbie for the first time! I learned some things about ferrets from Barbie that I never knew before. I wish she had been able to spend more time with us, but to actually see her in the flesh was amazing! Was there someone else whose name I can't remember who was new, too? My brain doesn't do memory things very well any more! :(

Thanks so much to Linda for organizing this extravaganza, and to Sandy for leading us from St. Cloud to the park-----both did a wonderful job making a fun time for us all. Donna, her sister, Nancy, and Maggie made super neighbors in all that rain. We even tried to sit out in the rain a couple of times!

Thanks to all who posted pictures----not sure if I took any or not, but I will check when I get back to the trailer where my camera is.

YAY TO WOMEN RVers!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:44 pm

It was great finally meeting you too, Soos! And the others too! Everyone was so nice :D . My friend Cathy had a nice time too. Too bad we couldn't stay longer. Altho, I think we were there for about 5 hours. Time went fast!

Soos, is Molly doing better now? Did you see any of those wild pigs or armadillos around your site?
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby linann » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:31 pm

This year's GTG is already a fond memory. Eighteen were at the GTG, including Miss Belle who showed up for dinner one night. We were starting to go a little stir crazy from the rain, until the strawberry shortcake crew discovered the winery . . . a definite turning point in the week followed by Louise's birthday party. Did I mention there was birthday cake? The mud pit was definitely not fun, but that experience is fading fast and the campfires, potlucks, conversation and activities are what will be remembered. Thanks to Margie for researching things to do in the area and Nan for serving as a tour guide.

Best wishes to everyone on your travels throughout the year.
Last edited by linann on Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linann
Live boldly one day at a time
linann

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:35 pm

So, what's the story on the mud pit?
Any pics of the strawberry shortcakes? Or the winery tour?

-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby linann » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:46 pm

The rain ran down from the road into our site. Had to move the van to off site parking. The camp host came by and shoveled the mud back into the ruts from just trying to get the van out of the site. Finally, it finally stopped raining, but the front of our site was definitely deep mud and standing water by that point. Navigating through was not fun, but we managed to keep it out of the rig. DS had to put the van in the lowest gear and threw a lot of mud pulling the TT out, but we made it. Will never, and I mean NEVER, stay on that site again!
Linann
linann

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:41 am

Ah, I was thinking you all had too much of Soos's recipe and were mud wrestling! :lol: :lol:

-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Nasoosie » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:00 am

BarbaraRose wrote:Ah, I was thinking you all had too much of Soos's recipe and were mud wrestling! :lol: :lol:

No such luck! However, ask Margie about hers and Roger's experience with Recipe!!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby Gentleladybear » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:06 pm

A great organized gathering. Setting up a night for the fannels, birthday and the meals, finding a shelter we could use, were many of the good things from this gathering. We had food, fun, travels and you just can't beat that. Think Roger has applied for Assistance Sultan Two. :lol: Ernie and Steve were elsewhere and he assumed the duties.

Thanks again for the fun.
Nan
Gentleladybear

Postby linann » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:31 pm

After Cabana Boy last year and the Big Secret this year, can't wait to see what Nan comes up with next year. Nan was Hostess with the Most-est this year. She hosted the dinner in her rig two nights, and one was cold and rainy night. Plus, Margie cooked a fabulous breakfast outside Nan's rig one morning.
Linann
linann

Previous

Return to Get Togethers