Albuquerque or the Rose bowl parade or both?

Let's get together!

Albuquerque or the Rose bowl parade or both?

Postby Bethers » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:33 pm

I'm seriously thinking of doing an Escapees "HOP" for a week long trip to the Rose Bowl. I've been to the balloon fest before, and really shouldn't even think about doing two events... Heck one will kill my budget lol... But if there s enough interest I'd also consider the Albuquerque Balloon Festival.

Here's a link where you can find information on both. I would do the full week (option 3) if I did the balloon fest. I'd probably sign up for one early day, too.

Please note... Balloon Festival parking is dry camping... No hookups.
Rose Bowl is in a cg with full hookups.

https://www.escapees.com/fun/hops

Anyone interested in either?
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: Albuquerque or the Rose bowl parade or both?

Postby MandysMom » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:01 pm

I dream of one day experiencing both. Whatever you choose, have a wonderful time.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby Azusateach » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:06 pm

Beth, I can't speak to the Balloon Fest, but I can about the Rose Parade.

For starters, if you don't like crowds, this might not be for you. The Rose Parade is wall-to-wall people, and with the tours you're confined to what they're doing, regardless of your desires. And the RV park just might be hookups at the L.A. County Fairgrounds in Pomona. Or it could be a KOA next door. Those are the only 2 that most tours use around the area. There's just nothing else available.

Depending on what you're really wanting to see and do, you might be better off doing your own thing. You could still possibly get a front-row RV space on the parade route if you act quickly. But it's only good for the night before the Parade. Having lived in the neighborhood for almost 40 years, I could help you sort things out. Feel free to give me a call if you'd like.

Laura
Azusateach

Postby chalet05 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:27 pm

Beth, I did something similar with Good Sam back in 2008 and loved it!! Crowd walking to parade, yes, but we went right to our seats. Only drawback was woman in front of me waving at parades with her hand in front of my camera! LOL! Rose Parade, liked New York City, was something I knew I'd never do on my own. I'd say Escapees price is pretty reasonable as well with good activity plans. Our park was in Newport Beach.
Anita
chalet05

Postby Bethers » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:41 pm

I know there will be crowds. I like getting there in advance and letting them drive me everywhere. Anita, you're describing what I'm picturing. Laura, as to the tours, I'd most likely do all of them as they interest me, but there's no reason you couldn't not go on one and take a down day. I've enjoyed your pictures but know going for one night like you do wouldn't be for me... And after looking at rates for your one night these rates seen reasonable for everything included... I say as I hide my money LOL
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby SoCalGalcas » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:22 pm

Beth have you received any interest in either of these? I have done both, and the HOP sounds like the best approach. Sleeping on the street is no fun (no sleep) and RV's cannot park on the parade route. I did having a parade reserved seat one year, and that is so much easier. lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby Bethers » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:59 pm

SoCalGalcas wrote:Beth have you received any interest in either of these? I have done both, and the HOP sounds like the best approach. Sleeping on the street is no fun (no sleep) and RV's cannot park on the parade route. I did having a parade reserved seat one year, and that is so much easier. lyn

Not really. I'm intending to sign up for the Rose Bowl one in the next week or so... Hoping it doesn't fill up on the meantime.
Beth
Bethers

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:12 am

I just checked the link for the Rose Parade and it says full with wait list. :(
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Bethers » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:13 am

BarbaraRose wrote:I just checked the link for the Rose Parade and it says full with wait list. :(

I knew it was close two weeks ago... Guess I'll put it on my possible plans for the following year.
Beth
Bethers

Postby Bethers » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:13 am

Since the Rose Parade is out, I'm more seriously thinking about the Albuquerque Balloon Festival. Thought I'd throw it out there in case anyone else might want to join me? That might help me make a decision before it gets full also.
Beth
Bethers

Postby Rufflesgurl » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:31 am

Beth if you go to the balloon festival will you meet up with Escapees? I might be interested in going.

Linda
Rufflesgurl

Postby Bethers » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:12 pm

Rufflesgurl wrote:Beth if you go to the balloon festival will you meet up with Escapees? I might be interested in going.

Linda

I'd be going with the Escapees HOP.
Beth
Bethers

Return to Get Togethers