Quartzite 2018 - Jan 20-28

Let's get together!

Re: Quartzite 2018 - Jan 20-28

Postby Bethers » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:24 am

Sheila, my plans are to arrive Saturday before dark. If anything happens that I can't get there until Sunday, I could be there about 1 pm. But, fingers crossed, will get out of here Saturday afternoon.

I'll bring cheese for whatever day. And if anything else is needed, let me know and I'll stop at the store on my way.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Pooker » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:18 am

Hi All!

I should be down the street from all of you later today in the Rice Ranch RV park almost directly across the street from the red and white Good Sam tent. I'm leaving as soon as it's daylight this morning and I'm going to call Sharon as soon as I get settled in my site and see what everyone is doing. I'm scheduled to be there a week - until Jan. 24, so as long as Sharon or someone can come and get me I'll join everyone for Sheila's Indian tacos! Probably can't contribute any food, tho, as poor Serendipity's teeny fridge is stuffed to the gills and I even had to put stuff in a small cooler besides! Hoping my sparkling personality will be contribution enough?

Pooker-Evie
Evie
Southern California
Pooker

Postby cnq50b » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:08 am

I was going to try to leave around noon on Sunday :( so don't worry about switching your potluck for me. I appreciate the thought though.
I could probably stretch it to 1 but I don't like to drive in the dark :cry: unless its a road I know (like i-5 from San Diego) & it's full of car taillights for me to follow. :lol:
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby SoCalGalcas » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:37 pm

Catherine, get on 10 and it will bring you right to Q!. Call if you want me to lead you in to our site. So happy you are coming! Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby cnq50b » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:15 pm

Looking forward to seeing, you, Lyn & everyone! Maybe we can have a sing-a-long with you leading us on your guitar.
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby monik7 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:28 pm

Another beautiful day in Q today. Was 75 degrees and clear. We had a little potluck at Sheila’s tonight. Sheila, Alice, Lyn, Kerry, Sharon and I were there. Looking forward to seeing Catherine tomorrow and Beth this weekend.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby Bethers » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:43 pm

My running lights aren't working. I can't find my fuse puller :shock: and refuse to drive in dark or possible rain without them. I'm going to try to find someone to help as soon as I get off work... Have asked two people so far with no luck. I'm sure my neighbor will help, if home. But he was gone this morning. If I can't get on the road by 2:30 at the latest, I'll wait until tomorrow. :(

I really want to meet Catherine... We shall see.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Bethers » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:33 pm

Fuse changed, running lights working... Leaving in about 15 minutes. Woohoo.
Beth
Bethers

Postby monik7 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:33 pm

Quartzsite just before sunrise today.
Cooler today but very busy at the big tent at the RV show. Most of us are going to wait until things calm down next week.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby snowball » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:25 pm

it's been fun meeting Cathrine but unfortunately she leaves tomorrow....dang perhaps another time though...Judy you should come hang out with us
we have had lovely weather but today it went a bit cooler...which even that would have been ok but for the wind that was with it...so we all went our separate ways most to the their RV me to the laundromat for a shower...much needed then I got water we had been told that it was closed due to govt shut down but thankfully I decided to check and got into a long line and filled my jugs....
then home and Cathrine and I did some crocheting
tomorrow is as the chick on Gone with the Wind would another day
sheila
snowball

Postby BarbaraRose » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:56 am

Beautiful sunrise photo, Sandi! I remember watching the sunrises there last year which were awesome!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby cnq50b » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:45 pm

Love the sunrise picture, Sandy.
I really enjoyed going even though my time was limited.
It was so good meeting Sheila, Beth & Ava/Alice. And seeing Lyn, Sandy, Cheryl & Sharon again.

The first 60 miles back were windy but I had smooth sailing after that.
Sheila, I stopped at Michaels & got some yarn & will work on making a potholder so I don't forget how.
Beth, Glad to hear that Peaches is feeling better & eating now. Maybe what she got off Lyn's rug reminded her how good food could be.
I enjoyed the walks, the talks, the friendship.. Sadie, of course, loved all the attention. :)

I'll post the recipe for the cookies in the recipe thread. They're called Lenguas de gato (Cat's tongues). These are the ones that Carolb liked so much.

And now since I'm gone, the weather can perk up, the wind can die down & the temps go back up a tad. :lol:
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby snowball » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:25 pm

hasn't happened yet Catherine
we went inside again due more to the wind although not a huge one was just
not a warm one...tomorrow we are going to Oatman or at least some are
when we do sit around and visit we are enjoying it
sheila
snowball

Postby JudyJB » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:05 am

Advice needed:

I am staying until Friday morning at Lake Havasu, but could leave a day early and come to QUartzite. I have a cousin working there, and would like to walk around. However, got some questions:

- If I came in for just Thursday night, could I stay near you guys? And where are you???

- If I drive into town, where can I park my motorhome? I have a handicap permit if that helps, although a handicap permit and a big rig is sort of silly, I know. I would leave on Friday morning, so maybe that is when I could visit the tent and then drive on to Lake Pleasant regional park.

Thanks
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby avalen » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:12 am

Hi Judy
We are parked in LaPosa north where we boondock. Do you have a generator?
LaPosz north is south of the 10 off 95. There's a sign. Come I to the campground straight east,
cross a little bit of wash and turn right at the little white karaoke tent. You'll also see a row of red dumpsters. Follow that dirt road about a mile, you should see our rigs . There is no parking for rigs near the tent itself. They do have a place to rent mobility scooters, although don't you have an electric bike?
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

PreviousNext

Return to Get Togethers