Giant City SP, IL May 21 - 28, 2016

Let's get together!

Re: Giant City SP, IL May 21 - 28, 2016

Postby Colliemom » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:21 am

Cheryl, there are times when one has to haul water on the road. I know I don't except when I am going to Fayette State Park in the U.P. As they don't have a dump station or water fill, due to the excessive limestone in the area. It does add weight to your hauling but at least you know that you have some, unless you are going past another state park on the way down that has dump and water facilities where you can stop and fill. I find it strange that they allow hooking up to the faucets in the campground to fill up tanks as that can be a health hazard. We are not allowed to do that in MI. But going home you can be empty :)
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby IrishIroamed » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:08 am

Yup, I know there are times when I would haul, but closer to home. Illini SP about 45 minutes west of me on I-80 has horrible water, smells like sulphur :o

Besides drinking H20, I may bring some extra and just stow it in the back Colt until needed.

O I don't know - I'm lucky sometimes figuring out what to do today, let alone camping! :shock: Such a newbie. :lol: :lol:

Gypsy - didn't know if you wanted me to post your name since it's not in your signature. If you want me to, just let me know.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby gypsyrose1126 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:40 am

.if Vickie was still hangin' around here, she would for sure tell you to NOT EAT MY COOKING!

ON EDIT: And she would be wrong...

Mitch, I look forward to try your cooking!! Now, are you offering to cook for the entire time, or is this a one shot deal? :lol:
Rosemary
gypsyrose1126

Postby Redetotry » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:26 am

Would any of you planning to come to the GTG be interested in a short yoga class each day. I could teach some basics that you could continue to practice. Some examples we could cover would be balance which I've noted some have mentioned having problems with, neck and shoulder issues and basic core strength. All very easy I promise and you won't have to leave your chair other than for the balance work. :D Oh, we would also do breath work which helps with stress and anxiety. Um and no we won't chant ommm into the forest. Hypnosis can be added at the end for those who want to work on specific issues like weight loss or smoking.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby mitch5252 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:18 am

gypsyrose1126 wrote:...Now, are you offering to cook for the entire time, or is this a one shot deal? :lol:

Oh, I can't wait to meet you - you have such a keen sense of humor!!! ;)
mitch5252

Postby BirdbyBird » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:16 pm

Dang BJ, you know that learning some gentle yoga IS on my bucket list. As of now I still don't know if I will be working a different scoring contract, entering the Memorial Day dog show that are very local or trying to escape to IL...... :) I might have to come later in the summer and arrange for some private consultations......... I still want to land at the Orchard during kayaking season.....
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby gypsyrose1126 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:07 pm

I would be interested in some yoga time. Have never tried it before, but it sounds like fun.
Rosemary
gypsyrose1126

Postby IrishIroamed » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:12 am

I'll give it a shot BJ. I took yoga a few years back, but quit because we just kept doing the same things over & over, never increasing our flexibility or fitness level. I still use downward dog to help stretch out my back tho. :)

And yup, my balance is pretty stinky. I used to say I was a willow, because my tree pose swayed like one. :( :D
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby Redetotry » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:07 am

IrishIroamed wrote:I'll give it a shot BJ. I took yoga a few years back, but quit because we just kept doing the same things over & over, never increasing our flexibility or fitness level. I still use downward dog to help stretch out my back tho. :)

And yup, my balance is pretty stinky. I used to say I was a willow, because my tree pose swayed like one. :( :D

Not to worry about swaying if you are still upright, :) you just need learn to look at a focal point (Drishti) in Yoga speak. You can increase strength and flexibility with a lot of pretty easy poses, a few I consider core but adding variety keeps people interested. Most importantly I'll explain what you need to look for in an instructor. Many do not know about alignment/therapeutic yoga and you can get hurt if you don't go into a pose correctly.

And Tina we can always do private consultations between kayak sessions,if your schedule doesn't work out. Maybe we can trade kayak lessons for yoga if we can find a kiddie pool :lol:

Roberta, will look forward to having you join in.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby bluepinecones » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:35 am

Tina/ BJ - I want to go back to Crab Orchard also and would love some basic yoga lessons. Maybe we can arrange another opportunity to do such.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby gypsyrose1126 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:16 pm

Well the worst has happened- I was called back to work :cry: which means I will not make the GTG the end of May. I am so disappointed that I will not meet everyone, it would have been a great time, especially with Mitch doing all the cooking!
I am trying to talk my friend Kathy (kkayaker, who recently joined) into taking my spot.
Hopefully, there will be another opportunity to meet somewhere later this year. I should be done with work the first part of August sometime. I look forward to seeing some photos of the fun time you guys will be having, while I slave away in the office. :(
Rosemary
gypsyrose1126

Postby mitch5252 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:43 am

gypsyrose1126 wrote:...it would have been a great time, especially with Mitch doing all the cooking!

Damn work! Always getting in the way of life.
I'm sorry you won't be able to make it, but there's always next time.

As far as cooking, well, all I can say is HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

As a side note, are there any "group" meals planned?
mitch5252

Postby IrishIroamed » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:06 am

Dang Rosemary! Sorry you can't make it, but maybe once things get firmed up with Linda at Nekoosa, you can come then. And if Kathy kayaker can come, there are ponds and lakes at the park for her fav pastime.

As for a group meal Mitch, I'm not a great one for cooking anything but can bring the non-edible goodies (plates, napkins, etc). You may not want to be brave enough to try my cooking :lol:
Cheryl

IrishIroamed

Postby IrishIroamed » Fri May 06, 2016 8:03 am

Fee Increase
:evil:

I happened to log into Reserve America and saw that I owed another $20 for Giant City. I do remember seeing that the fees were going to increase, but I thought there was supposed to be no change to reservations already placed. I hope to find the original notice somewhere (unless someone else can find it). I paid the $20 for now just to make sure my reservation is good.
Cheryl

IrishIroamed

Postby mitch5252 » Fri May 06, 2016 4:12 pm

THAT would be aggravating - raising the rate AFTER making a booking!
I went and checked mine.
No increase listed (so far).

mitch5252

PreviousNext

Return to Get Togethers