Mini AL gtg Apr 2015

Let's get together!

Mini AL gtg Apr 2015

Postby bluepinecones » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:25 pm

Due to threat of dangerous weather, had to divert Carolb to Wendy's for Friday night. Carolb & Wendy arrived in Huntsville around noon Saturday. After visiting and running all the dogs a bit, we meet another friend for lunch, went by RV dealer to look at rig I'm considering, explored a very small amount of the Flying Monkey (an art colony in old mill), did a little bit of a driving tour and came back to house for wine and watched the sunset. Sorry, I forgot the camera so no photos of our Saturday adventures.
Wendy could not get Pepper to settle down Saturday night. Took her a while to realize she had forgotten to bring his favorite toy. Then Pepper solved the problem - he found Nicky's toy collection.
He played contently for about an hour, mostly with a squeaky critter. When Wendy couldn't take the noise any longer she decided to help him select another toy so he would have one to take to bed with them
We finally had to hide all the toys but one.
We started Easter morning early with lots of coffee and scrambled eggs before heading out for more exploring. Didn't remember to get photos other than this one at an overlook in Monte Sano State Park. Wendy and Carolb
Our exploring was punctuated with stops by the house to let dogs play. With 5 dogs, it was just about impossible to get all in one photo - Pepper barely made the edge of this one
That is cucumber water Carolb is drinking in above photo. I made it as an experiment (cucumber, mint, ginger and lemon juice) Carol and I liked it; Wendy not so much.
After a late lunch Wendy and Pepper headed back to Birmingham. Carol and I did a bit more sight seeing and ended up at the Space & Rocket Center impersonating space travelers.
We had a great time given that nothing was planned. Both Wendy and Carol discovered a couple of things they want to come back to see when we have more time and it is not a holiday.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Re: Mini AL gtg Apr 2015

Postby grammynmaggie » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:17 pm

glad you girls had a good time...another nice GTG!
grammynmaggie

Postby Acadianmom » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:42 pm

Thanks for the pictures. Looks like a great time. I wish I could get Hank to play with a ball or toy. All he wants is a cow to chase. Nicky was very nice to share his toys with Pepper.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby snowball » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:00 pm

looks like you had a lot of fun!!! glad that you were able to get together for a bit
I would have enjoyed trying that water as well have used cucumber and lemon together though
And Shadow doesn't play with toys either
sheila
snowball

Postby Liz » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:00 am

Great pics that you did get!
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby BirdbyBird » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:03 am

Even when he is feeling better, Nicky has always been great at sharing his house and yard with company. So nice that everyone was able to stop and visit and got to explore Huntsville together. Sarah's tours of Huntsville are right up there with Lyn's San Diego tours. :)
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby sharon » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:45 am

Awww...what a nice gtg! That Nicky is a sweetheart. Glad you guys had a good time, Huntsville is still on my list of "come back and explore" cities. Didn't get a chance to do much last time I was there, other priorities. :(
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby Redetotry » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:23 am

Good dog Nicky sharing his toys. Wendy I know how stressful leaving a favorite toy behind can be!! I'm so impressed with how well behaved they all seem to be, good job socializing ladies! Thanks for the pictures Sarah, I love your new avatar, I think the trip to FL really agreed with you!
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby avalen » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:54 pm

awww what a great gtg!!
I'd be up for testing the cucumber water too, although I think it would be better with a little spirits added to it :lol: :lol: or better yet, let it ferment a little and call it cucumber wine :lol: :lol: just kidding, I'm all up for finding stuff to drink thats not wine. :D
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby SoCalGalcas » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:03 pm

Great pictures! Sarah, love those bright blue eyes! Thanks Tina for the nice compliment. I HAVE to get back to Huntsville!!! Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby dayspring39 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:39 pm

Great GTG... love the pile of fur babies toys... looks like home... I put them back Shadow takes them out...
Thanks for sharing!!
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby Bethers » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:18 pm

What pictures you did get are wonderful! You're making me miss Huntsville! It's been on my mind lately, even dreamt about it and people there the other night. Maybe an omen that it's time for a trip back east? Love all the smiles.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby cnq50b » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:18 pm

Great pics, Sarah! Looks like you all & the pups had lots of fun.
And I agree your avatar is great!
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Return to Get Togethers