Westlake RV Resort

Westlake RV Resort

Postby MrsHomeSweetRoam » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:48 pm

Katy, Texas (just outside Houston)
Westlake RV Resort
http://www.westlakervresort.com/

Overall Rating:

Pros: Big rig friendly, large sites (varying sites: pull thru's and back in's), relatively new, well kept, efficiently designed, clean, nice amenities. QUIET!
Propane on site! FREE dog wash station! FREE air pump station for tires! Throw-back fishing with handicap access.

Cons: Relatively new so the trees are not big enough to supply shade

Comments: Close to all sorts of shopping, external dog walk area with doggy poo bags station, large quality concrete drives, even offers daily rentals of golf carts if needed. 24 hour Laundry, complete with wheel about laundry carts. Heated pool and several bbq/outdoor kitchen sites to choose from. Free Wifi -it's GREAT when it's up but reliability has been an issue (weather? or our location at the rear- unsure)

Rate:

Last edited by MrsHomeSweetRoam on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gena, traveling with her husband Russell and their "velcro dogs" Mike and Hazen.
Follow along as they grow and learn and live out their dream; http://www.HomeSweetRoam.com
MrsHomeSweetRoam

Re: Westlake RV Resort

Postby Bethers » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:10 pm

I edited your post to make the images show in the post.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby MrsHomeSweetRoam » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:30 pm

Bethers wrote:I edited your post to make the images show in the post.

I need to go back and make them smaller- whoa! They are too big. :)
Gena, traveling with her husband Russell and their "velcro dogs" Mike and Hazen.
Follow along as they grow and learn and live out their dream; http://www.HomeSweetRoam.com
MrsHomeSweetRoam

Postby Bethers » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:07 pm

MrsHomeSweetRoam wrote:

They were gigantic, that's for sure. But maybe next time pick an in between size ... these are pretty small. Our eyes aren't as young as they used to be :)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Redwahine » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:10 pm

This park is just a few miles from our house :P I really like the doggie bath tub :P Hope to get together soon.
Redwahine

Postby MrsHomeSweetRoam » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:13 pm

Bethers wrote:
MrsHomeSweetRoam wrote:

They were gigantic, that's for sure. But maybe next time pick an in between size ... these are pretty small. Our eyes aren't as young as they used to be :)

Ack. It's the "medium" setting.. I will start using the Large.
MrsHomeSweetRoam

Postby MrsHomeSweetRoam » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:13 pm

Redwahine wrote:This park is just a few miles from our house :P I really like the doggie bath tub :P Hope to get together soon.

*waves*
MrsHomeSweetRoam

Postby retiredhappy » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:02 pm

Really nice park. I went to their website but they don't list their prices. It looks way beyond my budget. I've found over the years that anything with "resort" in the name is usually expensive. If you're going to stay during the summer I'd look for something with some shade.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby MrsHomeSweetRoam » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:09 pm

retiredhappy wrote:Really nice park. I went to their website but they don't list their prices. It looks way beyond my budget. I've found over the years that anything with "resort" in the name is usually expensive. If you're going to stay during the summer I'd look for something with some shade.

I'll get the pricing info for ya. I don't remember what it is- let my husband handle the details... but I know it was less expensive than SoCal was. :) The other place we looked at was super tiny with barely enough room to open the slides... and it looked awful. It was also right on the highway. I hear the third close by option is similar. So... we'll stay here most the time and ofcourse, we'll keep looking, too.
MrsHomeSweetRoam

Postby Sandersmr » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:26 am

I had to laugh at that doggie wash station - I can see me trying to get my 2 in that sink - LOL! But it's a great idea for smaller dogs!
Maggie, Oscar and Jasmine (and sometimes Mark)
2002 F-150 Supercrew
2010 Sportsmen Classic 16BH
Sandersmr

Postby Redwahine » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:19 am

Sandersmr wrote:I had to laugh at that doggie wash station - I can see me trying to get my 2 in that sink - LOL! But it's a great idea for smaller dogs!

There are stairs with a gate at the top. Perfect for big dogs. :lol:
Redwahine

Postby MrsHomeSweetRoam » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:49 pm

Redwahine wrote:
Sandersmr wrote:I had to laugh at that doggie wash station - I can see me trying to get my 2 in that sink - LOL! But it's a great idea for smaller dogs!

There are stairs with a gate at the top. Perfect for big dogs. :lol:

Yea, it's a big basin and ramp/stairs and two things to tie them to...brings 'em up to your level, too. Should make it easier. My boys hate water... so when I do it (on a hot day) they won't be happy. :lol:
MrsHomeSweetRoam

Postby MrsHomeSweetRoam » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:54 pm

retiredhappy wrote:Really nice park. I went to their website but they don't list their prices. It looks way beyond my budget. I've found over the years that anything with "resort" in the name is usually expensive. If you're going to stay during the summer I'd look for something with some shade.

We're in the back and in a large pull through spot, but I just paid $590 plus a $50 deposit for one month. I know the spots near the water are more...and other variances. We also paid $276 for the first week, before we knew we'd want to stay here longer (same spot).

I just did my first laundry session here and the washing machine was a whopping $2.50 and the drier was $0.25 per 10 minutes. And you have to charge a card, no coin usage allowed. We're down to one car now...so I took the hit but I will be looking to compare prices and doing our laundry elsewhere at night or weekends... or just eating the cost so I can do it while hubby is working. *shrugs*
MrsHomeSweetRoam

Postby Bethers » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:01 pm

Ouch, expensive all the way around. But if it works for you, then it's a good deal. And if he's close to work, that alone can save money on the cost of the park. I'd have to look, but think Traders Village was recommended to me once. I only stayed in one park near Houston, and had a complimentary stay at it. I usually stop in my g/f's yard.
Beth
Bethers

Postby MrsHomeSweetRoam » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:09 pm

Bethers wrote:Ouch, expensive all the way around. But if it works for you, then it's a good deal. And if he's close to work, that alone can save money on the cost of the park. I'd have to look, but think Traders Village was recommended to me once. I only stayed in one park near Houston, and had a complimentary stay at it. I usually stop in my g/f's yard.

His office is 6 miles away and we drive a Smart car. Is Traders Village the park that also is a swapmeet? (anyone can come and go) The other one in Cinco, we did not like for many reasons. The third option we heard of has a swapmeet going on with all the traffic to go with it.

Unless there are other options out there that we don't know about just yet, this will probably be where we stay most the time.
MrsHomeSweetRoam

Next

Return to CG/RV Park Info/Recommendations