Rancho Jurupa Park
4800 Crestmore Road
Jurupa Valley, Ca 92509
(951) 684-7032

http://www.rivcoparks.org/parks/rancho- ... park-home/
Brochure/map:
http://www.rivcoparks.org/wp-content/up ... e-2011.pdf

Overall Rating: (on a scale of 1 – 10)
8 (new to this and not comfortable giving anything a 10 until we've had much more experience)

Pros:

Big rig friendly (primitive tent to full hookup big rig friendly)
Several different areas to choose from: Cottonwood (new with grass and pavement and young trees) and Lake View (dirt, grass and large trees)
Varying scales of sites, prefer Cottonwood for the pavement and larger sites, grass- no tents in this section
Was there on popular/full weekend/holiday and it was quiet and clean
Walkways and trails
Playgrounds, Miniature Golf, Waterpark(free), Covered Picnic areas
Restrooms and with restrooms with paid showers
Stocked fishing
Dog Friendly
Reasonably Priced
Fire pits and picnic tables
Holiday joy; handed out free pumpkins and had events for families, contests and movies at night (a lot to entertain the youth)
Store on site for forgotten items, ice

Cons:
The dump station doesn't have fresh water (you can pay to use it without having the full hookups, was charged $10)
Wouldn't prefer the LakeView dirt area and proximity to tents, etc
There's a NEW section in the Cottonwood area and it's ALL dirt, unfinished---means dust and mud probabilities

Comments:
91 / 60 freeways --about an hour + from Los Angeles in the Inland Empire
Mission / Crestmore are the x-streets
Handicap friendly
14 night stay limit per 28 day period
140 sites
Laundry
Cabin Rentals
Nature Center within walking distance
Gates CLOSE at 10pm

Rate: $ nightly rate, weekly or monthly if you know it.

$10 Dump (if not staying there)
$30 /night FULL hook-up
$1 per dog

IMAGES FROM THE COTTONWOOD GRASSY SECTION, will supply more images if we return, of the LakeView area...:

Cottonwood Section

You can see the NEW DIRT section to the left in this image

In the shade, is the bbq pit
Gena, traveling with her husband Russell and their "velcro dogs" Mike and Hazen.
Follow along as they grow and learn and live out their dream; http://www.HomeSweetRoam.com
MrsHomeSweetRoam

Re: Rancho Jurupa Park, Southern California

Postby MsJane » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:13 am

I stay there often and I am going back in February. Great get-away since I live locally. Another great place to watch the fireworks on the fourth of July but it can get pretty hot at that time of the year. The restrooms and laundry area are really nice to use. Depending on the site there can be a good amount of grass area between sites but beware of that one row of sites without any grass. I like the long level driveway pads, free cable TV & free Internet. Gates closes at night but you are given an access code at check-in. Trash bins can be far to walk to depending on campsite location especially in the middle section of the pull-through sites side. I have feet problems so it makes a difference to me. Depending on the schedule water sprinklers can come on during the middle of the night & not all are position correctly so you might end up with a free wash on one side of the RV. LOL- just inform the staff and the water sprinkler issue will be taken care of.

And on another note there are cabins with lake views for rent too. Great choice for those much older folks with medial issues that can't handle the elements of RVing but want to be part of the fun. Tip: only 1 night stay required for a weekday stay instead of the usual 2 nights during the weekend. Price is not cheap but almost everything is included from cookware, dishes, stove, BBQ to towels. Just bring personal items and food. This option worked out for dad who had a stroke and couldn't get into the RV any longer but wanted a mini family reunion.
MsJane

Re: Rancho Jurupa Park, Southern California

Postby JudyJB » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:03 pm

I like this park also. In fact, I am here right now. I am going to check into some of the other San Bernardino Regional Parks. Most of them seem to have full hookups for a reasonable price--California reasonable, that is. California state parks cost as much as this one and have dirt and no hookups, plus are crowded. Commercial parks are even more expensive, so the regional parks are a bargain.

This would be an especially nice park for kids because of the very nice mini-golf and the splash area.

Oh, and this is half-price M-Th with Passport America!
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Return to CG/RV Park Info/Recommendations