Recommendation Needed - Flagstaff

Recommendation Needed - Flagstaff

Postby JudyJB » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:01 am

Can anyone recommend an RV park near Flagstaff? I need electrical but don't care about the rest. I'd like to stay somewhere at least 4-5 days while I visit the Arboretum and the Museum of Northern Arizona.

There is a senior commercial park, but the sites are extremely close together and i really don't care about activities and such. Anyone stay in any state parks not too far away?

Thanks
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Re: Recommendation Needed - Flagstaff

Postby Redwahine » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:17 am

Hi Judy, I don't have an personal knowledge, but remember a forum member posting from AZ. You might PM Robin and ask how she like Dairy Springs.

RobinS posted
Next week Dairy Springs campground south of Flagstaff.
Redwahine

Postby avalen » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:53 pm

wish I had more knowledge of the camping aspects of Flagstaff especially since its so close to home but I the only time I overnighted in a campground
was a good 20 or 30 years ago and it was in a campground off I 17 at Munds Park. Last time I drove by there it looked like it had some park models
in it as well as just some overnights. I know thats no help but north of Flagstaff there is an area just on the outskirt of town that has some camping.
Several places along that north end of 89 along the outskirts of town including a KOA.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Sandersmr » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:02 pm

Judy - have you checked rvparkreviews.com? Taking the high and low and tossing them, then looking at the comments has helped me when I didn't have recommendations about an area.
Maggie, Oscar and Jasmine (and sometimes Mark)
2002 F-150 Supercrew
2010 Sportsmen Classic 16BH
Sandersmr

Postby carold » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:11 am

We stayed at Black Bart's campground. It was ok. Full hookups, easy to get to. Restaurant with live music. Also stayed at a KOA one time, which was also easy to access. My sister stayed in a national park with no hookups, south of Flagstaff going towards Sedona. If you're interested, I'll try to get the name. carold
carold

Postby Sandersmr » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:31 am

I have also heard good things about Dead Horse State Park. I'm looking for ideas because it's now looking like I may be spending Christmas at the Grand Canyon.
Maggie, Oscar and Jasmine (and sometimes Mark)
2002 F-150 Supercrew
2010 Sportsmen Classic 16BH
Sandersmr

Postby Bethers » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:59 pm

Sandersmr wrote:Judy - have you checked rvparkreviews.com? Taking the high and low and tossing them, then looking at the comments has helped me when I didn't have recommendations about an area.

Especially looking a comments. I have learned that what they grade it isn't important - but the comments are. Sometimes a low grade is because the park didn't have all the amenities you don't need - and a high grade can be for those same things. Read and read with a grain of salt - but use that sight - it really does help - especially after you've gotten to more of the places and can compare your thoughts with what others have written.

I have been through Flagstaff - but don't think stayed in it.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby JudyJB » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:45 pm

I ended up spending four nights at the Bonita Campground near Sunset Crater National Monument. No power or cell phone coverage or internet, but really a beautiful and quiet place that I would recommend to anyone! I had #7 was the most level site I think I have ever had--asphalt and very long. Only $9 per night for seniors, also.

So, because I need to have the Dell technician come out, I am spending a few more days at J&H RV park in Flagstaff. I dislike the spots being so close together and the road noise, but I need to get some work done for a couple of days and thus need to be closer to town. I have to admit that I AM enjoying the cable tv, however, and might even order pizza for dinner. Just not so scenic here or peaceful here.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Return to CG/RV Park Info/Recommendations