Rose RV Park in Quartzsite?

Rose RV Park in Quartzsite?

Postby bertnspike » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:28 pm

After many searches and phone calls, I've finally found an RV park in Quartzsite with full hookups that will allow me to stay the dates I want and the length of time I want. It's the Rose RV Park and it's right in Quartzsite, or so they say. Has anyone here stayed there? The are no reviews of the park anywhere that I can find.

Looking at pictures of Quartzsite I know it's going to be like staying in a parking lot, but this may well be my only trip to Arizona and I want to attend the shows in Quartzsite one time anyway. Is anyone else here going? Is there a get together or fun rally planned?

Susan
Susan, Dugie, Solo, Tiger, and Tico
in Music, the Gulf Stream Independence
with Fergus, the Element
bertnspike

Re: Rose RV Park in Quartzsite?

Postby VickieP » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:24 pm

Sharon might know about it, if she checks in from the road tonight. I think she usually stays at Rice Ranch.
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby Bethers » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:31 pm

Pooker stays at a park with full hook-ups in Q - not sure which one. You might want to pm her or Sharon - they'd know the most about the parks in Q. Usually there has been some kind of gtg in Q, usually around Sheila's (Snowball) boondocking but I doubt she'll be there this year with the changes in her life - so someone else will have to do some planning. If I get out there will only be for a couple days and will be boondocking. Would try to plan it when others can/might be there.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Rufflesgurl » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:20 pm

Have stayed in 2 RV parks in Quartzsite but can't remember the names. Both right in town and within walking distance of the action. This past January, boondocked out in the desert along with hundreds of others. This was my first boondock adventure.

Linda
Rufflesgurl

Postby ellenw » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:57 pm

Okay, guys, wait! What "shows in Quartzsite"? What and where is Quartzsite? I keep seeing you talking about it and I know it's in Arizona, but what's its significance?

Slow down, Ellen. Pull up your big girl panties and figure it out! Whew! These little talks are so helpful sometimes. So I mapped it and now I know where it is. Then I Googled it and I think now I know what it is. There's a photo on the Quartzsite Shows website (http://www.quartzsitervshow.com/rv/rv-general-info/) that looks downright intimidating. (I think I have a touch of crowd fear.) Do some of you spend all winter there? On the satellite map, it looks a bit -- um, how shall I put this? -- desolate.

So tell me what I should know about it... (please)
Ellen (and Tucker of course!), traveling in "Joy," a 2012 Jayco Greyhawk 26DS

http://www.JoyfulMeanderings.wordpress.com

Image Image Image
ellenw

Postby Bethers » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:22 am

I love the desert, but am not one of those who love Q - so you'll need some of the others to answer. That said, I would go if there was a gtg and I was anywhere near. It does get very crowded during the show - but lots of those who come into town for the show are boondocking out in the desert - where even crowded you can get away from the crowd and have your own space.

The show used to have great deals on lots of things. Still has some, but good to know what's what - I've found some of the things there now cost more than getting them at your local store, or even ordering them from CW. Other things, are great deals. You need to shop with intelligence. Ha, how easy it is to say :)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby OregonLuvr » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:20 am

I have been to Q twice, that was enuf for me. I am not a fan of thousands of RV's parked every which way and ooooooh the smell when they come to empty the porta potties. I must say I am not really a fan of the desert. Too much sand and dust for me. I also didnt find alot of bargains for the things I was interested in. I have better luck finding it online and then paying someone to install. My idea would be to stay somewhere else and just drive my car up for the day. A day is good enuf for me if I happen to be in the area.

karen
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby bertnspike » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:13 pm

Thanks for all the responses. I am not a fan of things like the Quartzsite shows - too many years doing trade shows and animal events - but there are things I want to learn, see, try, buy, etc., and Quartzsite will provide "one stop shopping". Also, the gem and mineral people are a big attraction to me and my sister who lives in CA, so we'll take that time to be together.

I like to be alone, so I'm sure it will be weird, but I will have done it! :D

Susan
Susan, Dugie, Solo, Tiger, and Tico
in Music, the Gulf Stream Independence
with Fergus, the Element
bertnspike

Postby snowball » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:47 pm

have heard of the Rose campground but there are so many RV parks that I'm not pulling it out of my brain...when in Q have always boondocked with an occasional stay in town at the end of our time in the desert
I plan on being back down there but probably won't boon dock unless I can't find any thing for the whole year..it's cheaper to stay in the parks if you pay for the whole year and the kids are saying leave the rv down there drive back and stay with everyone for a period of time not sure about that one dd suggested that I bring the trailer up and park it at dd's then when I want to go to SLC can visit with the families in that area...a thought
If you boondock there are two types of areas lots of areas but two types one free for two weeks then you have to move on not sure how far you have to move but you have to move.
the other is long term where you pay 180 for the season and there is an amount for a two week stay possibly a month stay not sure about that
but you don't have to move on and those that have been to my place will attest to how I spread out ...love it out there one of the reasons we didn't think of staying at a rv park was how close you are to your neighbors out in BLM land you have space if you want if you want a group setting you can do that as well....
Quartzsite used to be the queen of vendors not so much now but still interesting to go to
QIA has a huge several day Pow Wow usually toward the end of the month of January usually at my B'day time...all of the vendors have to deal with or in rocks and or minerals quite the show but I'm usually making salads for the hungry eaters :D
It is a place to experience at least once some love it and others just don't
sheila
snowball

Postby snowball » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:59 pm

finally had a visual of where the Rose campground is .....it's located on Main street near the laundromat and showers...in fact owned by the owners of the laundromat/shower/restaurant place....its a typical in town rv park haven't paid a lot of attention to it but not far from the tents not far from QIA where the Gem Show will be
sheila
snowball

Return to CG/RV Park Info/Recommendations