Elk Neck State Park - Maryland

Elk Neck State Park - Maryland

Postby Paulette » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:54 am

This park is a only about 45 minutes from my house, so I figured it would be a good place for the first spring camping excursion. And it was. It is a really large park, with around 10 different camping loops. I opted for the loop with full hook-ups...the North East loop. The roads are paved, the sites are paved with framed in areas for pic nic tables and fire pits. I made my reservation on line and had picked site 11, a back in site that was long enough for my rv. However, when I got there and drove to the site, someone else was parked there. So, I found the camp host and after about a half hour of the rangers trying to figure out why the computers had allowed 2 people to reserve the same site, they were able to,put me on site 12. It was a pull thru site and very nice. There are sidewalks everywhere leading to the bath house. I didn't go into the bath house because when I was out walking I had the dog with me. But, I'm sure they were well kept as the rest of the campground was too!

This campground is about 15 miles to the east of interstate 95, with easy access on and off. There are a lot of hiking trails. While there, I was able to hike to the lighthouse twice. The first time I went by myself and was able to take pictures of an eagle perched in the trees nearby. The second time I hiked it with my granddaughter. They also have a beach area on the elk river.

I'd give it a definite 10.
Paulette

Re: Elk Neck State Park - Maryland

Postby Bethers » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:05 pm

Sounds wonderful, Paulette. Glad you had a great first trip out this year.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BirdbyBird » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:56 pm

Sounds nice and not that far off the main thoroughfare....for those passing through.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby RVer » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:09 pm

Stopped at Elk Neck on our way back north from South Carolina and LOVED it. Have promised to return but did not make it this year, maybe next year. Very nice and clean.
RVer

Return to CG/RV Park Info/Recommendations