Foscoe Creek, COE, a great place to GTG in AL

Re: Foscoe Creek, COE, a great place to GTG in AL

Postby bluepinecones » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:09 pm

Thanks martha. I couldn't get to by state list from it but I've found another one that does list by state
http://store.usgs.gov/pass/PassIssuanceList.pdf

I need to get one as well and the link above says I can get it at a wildlife refuge about 30 miles from here.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby longdog2 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:21 pm

You can also get the application online and mail it in. It will cost you $10 extra but would be worth that much if you had to drive some distance to get it in person.
Traveling with the Longdogs
Colleen (Willy,Gretchen,Harley)

http://travelinglongdogs.blogspot.com/
2009 299RLS Jayco 5vr
F250 SuperDuty Diesel Truck
longdog2

Postby Bethers » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:23 pm

bluepinecones wrote:Thanks martha. I couldn't get to by state list from it but I've found another one that does list by state
http://store.usgs.gov/pass/PassIssuanceList.pdf

I need to get one as well and the link above says I can get it at a wildlife refuge about 30 miles from here.

I guess I'm chopped liver. :mrgreen:
My post above Martha's gives the list by state. And on Martha's list, there is a link to the one by state.

Guess we're giving Soos lots of places to look :)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby bluepinecones » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:54 pm

Sorry, Beth. your post with the same link was on another page and I missed it.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby Bethers » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:52 pm

bluepinecones wrote:Sorry, Beth. your post with the same link was on another page and I missed it.

Now my liver is whole again ... :D I figured as much, but needed to bust you for it anyway :)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Nasoosie » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:28 am

Thanks for all the links, y'all, to places issuing Fed passes. Alice actually printed out all that info for me last year, and I have been carrying it around with me! I can drive from my home to either Rome via interior park roads (beautiful in there) or to Saratoga via Interstate 87. Both drives are about 3 hours one way, so it will be a full day's trip just to pay for a pass. But perhaps worth it in the long run.

If I weren't planning to go to Potsdam to Mandy's to see Orion on my way home from here, I might attempt to take interior roads to Rome on my way back. However, I won't be doing that. Also, if I were to head east to I 87, I could also stop in Saratoga on my way home, but that route I don't wish to take with my trailer anyway. The Cascades Road up to Lake Placid is steep and long.

Thanks for all the info, and I will make it a priority to get that pass this year.
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Previous

Return to CG/RV Park Info/Recommendations