San Antonio, TX (Downtown) KOA

San Antonio, TX (Downtown) KOA

Postby Birdie » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:54 pm

City and State: San Antonio, TX

Name of CG: KOA

CG Website: www.koa.com

Overall Rating: (on a scale of 1 – 10) I'd put this at 6.

Pros: A few good things going on for them. One of the very best things about this site was it being right on the bus line to get to downtown. Bus ride was $1.10 down and back. The other thing was it was easy to access from all the major highways. Have a paved walk way near the Salado river that you can walk. (But the area is a little on the iffy side and I'd not walk here at night or ever alone.)

Cons: The sites are not very long. Barely had room to put Bunkie in with Herbie snuggled slightly sideways at the back. Having stayed at the KOA in Las Cruces and South Padre Island, I was disappointed with the grounds. I expected better weed control and for the sites to be more level. Not close to grocery or Wally's world.

Comments: Very easily accessible from I-10, I-35 and 410 Loop. Not difficult to get to from I-37/US 281 either. Just easy to get to. The area is on the iffy side, but not as iffy as some of the others. It appears to be have no unknown traffic by either foot or car. I stayed a week and was charged 7 days at different rates...3 days were at the higher holiday rate (Wed, Thur and Fri at Thanksgiving) and 3 were the less costly Sun, Mon and Tues, and 1 was a weekend charge of Sat...at least that's what I remember.

Rate: $ pricey as usual
2012 Class A Winnebago 30T (is for sale)
Coach House Platnium (my now rig)
Chevy HHR
Birdie

Location: After 10 years full-time, I am off the road in North FL!

Return to CG/RV Park Info/Recommendations