Wandering Oaks Ocala FL

Wandering Oaks Ocala FL

Postby JoanE » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:54 pm

Stopped here tonight on my first day of fulltiming. Can't believe how many times I have driven past and never noticed it before I got my RV. Anyway, my rate with Good Sam discount is $28. My site is very neat and clean. Best of all, when the owner showed me to my campsite he asked where I was heading and when I mentioned upstate NY, he asked specifically where. When I said Kingston, he remarked he was from Kingston. Then he admitted that he was actually born in Queens NY. That's where I was born and I lived most of my life in Kingston. We had a nostalgic reminicing moment there at the campsite. I asked him if there was a store nearby where I could pick up some milk and he showed me how to walk there thru the cg. But a few minutes later, he and his wife showed up on the golf cart and offered to go get the milk. They wouldn't even accept my money to pay for it.

So they get a four stars rating from me. Convenient location in Ocala. Neat and clean. Friendly owners. And I don't know but maybe we hung out together way back when....

Joan
ImageMaggie Mae (Jack Russell "terror")
http://www.emptyponder.blogspot.com
JoanE

Re: Wandering Oaks Ocala FL

Postby Liz » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:29 am

I think that's where Kathleen stayed last winter. She liked it there.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Re: Wandering Oaks Ocala FL

Postby Irmi » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:51 am

Joan, I'm so glad to hear the positive report on the campground. I have reservations to stay there this winter, so I'm happy to hear this!
Irmi

Return to CG/RV Park Info/Recommendations