Wahweap RV Park - Glen Canyon, Page AZ

Wahweap RV Park - Glen Canyon, Page AZ

Postby JudyJB » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:15 pm

My son made reservations here very early in January when they had just opened up reservations. We got A3, which is one of the most beautiful locations you can imagine--on the edge of the campground closest to and overlooking Lake Powell. I was a large pull-through site, with lots of room for a car behind the motorhome. It was very close to the clean showers and toilets.

Sites A1, A5, and A7 would also have the same overlook and view. All other sites are on the other side of the road or back further with less of a view.

Full hookups, but fairly expensive. In spite of that, I think I could easily spend a week in this lovely location, sitting at the picnic table watching the scenery. I'll have to remember to make reservations early someday when I get my motorhome!

There was a shuttle bus of some sort, so maybe it goes through the various parts of the park. Didn't ask.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Re: Wahweap RV Park - Glen Canyon, Page AZ

Postby carold » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:54 pm

We've stayed there twice, Judy. Love it. Be sure to take the tour thru Antelope Canyon, especially if the weather is good. (we have pics of it on our blog) The drive to Lee's Ferry is nice and so is Horseshoe Canyon. Lot's to do and see. carold
carold

Re: Wahweap RV Park - Glen Canyon, Page AZ

Postby retiredhappy » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:34 am

Totally agree with carold, take a slot canyon tour. Antelope Canyon is AMAZING. The day we took the our a young Navajo guide played his Indian flute inside the canyon. Almost made me cry it was so beautiful echoing through the canyon.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Return to CG/RV Park Info/Recommendations