Doggies' Favorite Parks

Doggies' Favorite Parks

Postby Robi » Sun May 01, 2011 12:50 am

Hi...I thought I would open this thread for quick reference for dog owners. (and cats).
Post your fur-babies' favorite spots:^)
Robi (still stuck in a stick, hehe)
Robi

Re: Doggies' Favorite Parks

Postby Barbara » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:16 am

There is a great campground for dogs called Four Paws Kingdom by Ruthefordton in North Carolina. There are two large play yards, a place to swim with your dog, an area for bathing and grooming as well as the usual campground stuff. This is a campground for DOGS however and kids might get bored there. The owners have agility classes and different dog activities although we have never been there for those things. We have stayed there 3 or 4 times for several days each time and just loved it. Hope to stay there again on the way home from Fla next spring. They do have a web page if you are interested.
Barbara

Postby Bethers » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:41 pm

One of our members is at that park now - or was yesterday :) Check out the general room and you'll see a post about it (I believe Herschel is in the subject as he's the dog reporting on it).
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BirdbyBird » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:54 pm

Yes, I, Herschel, am still here. Not leaving until the morning. But I do have a complaint. The GHL gave me a bath right after we got here and hasn't let me go down to pond to swim. :roll: Now if Stuart was here she would have had to take him down but I didn't get to go.......She did mention something about dock diving at the Blue Marlin if I promise to forgive her. :lol: :lol:
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Bethers » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:35 pm

Oh Herschel, how bad I feel for you. My Mom keeps trying to tell me I'm not allowed at the lake here. I simply don't understand. If there's water, we belong, right?

Peaches
Bethers

Postby mitch5252 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:28 pm

BirdbyBird wrote:......She did mention something about dock diving at the Blue Marlin if I promise to forgive her. :lol: :lol:

Dear Herschel,

I do not understand your love of dangerous sporting activities.
Maybe you can teach me - under the light of the full moon, of course...(winky, winky)

Love,
Abby

mitch5252

Postby BirdbyBird » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:34 pm

I forgot an important detail (other than that not getting to swim this time thing...) 4Paws accepts Passport America memberships for discounts on weekdays.....and limited to 2 or three days. The CRS effect has taken away the exact count.... :D :D
BirdbyBird

Postby Nasoosie » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:18 am

What a treasure this place is! I will bookmark this for future reference, too! Thanks for the info! I can't believe they allow dogs in the cabins and all! Wonderful, for people traveling in cars and trucks with no RVs to spend the night with pups and let them have fun on the road!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby MrsHomeSweetRoam » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:46 pm

I so hope to not forget about this post! We love OBX and this could be a great place to stop on the way there or on the way back.
Gena, traveling with her husband Russell and their "velcro dogs" Mike and Hazen.
Follow along as they grow and learn and live out their dream; http://www.HomeSweetRoam.com
MrsHomeSweetRoam

Postby Redwahine » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:12 pm

Here's a CG for Stuart. All dogs are welcome too. Lazydays in Tucson, AZ. It is approx a little over 1/2 acre fenced and usually dry. But after a serious rain, it becomes a doggie lake.

Redwahine

Postby BirdbyBird » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:51 pm

Don't encourage him...he would be splashing through it happily! :lol:
BirdbyBird

Postby Sandersmr » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:52 am

Hacienda in Las Cruces had a decent off leash dog run - not as big as the Lazy Days lake, but enough that Jazzy could gallop.

And Dead Horse Ranch State Park in Cottonwood is just a couple of blocks from the Cottonwood Doggy Park. We took Jazz and Oscar over there and let them play for an hour or so. Both dogs enjoyed being off leash and untethered from each other - they never went near each other until it was time to leave :D
Maggie, Oscar and Jasmine (and sometimes Mark)
2002 F-150 Supercrew
2010 Sportsmen Classic 16BH
Sandersmr

Postby Redwahine » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:16 pm

Sandersmr wrote:Hacienda in Las Cruces had a decent off leash dog run - not as big as the Lazy Days lake, but enough that Jazzy could gallop. :D

Here's a pic of the Hacienda dog run. Approx 2 football fields long by 20 ft wide :P

Redwahine

Postby BayouLady » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:54 pm

Barbara wrote:There is a great campground for dogs called Four Paws Kingdom by Ruthefordton in North Carolina. There are two large play yards, a place to swim with your dog, an area for bathing and grooming as well as the usual campground stuff. This is a campground for DOGS however and kids might get bored there. The owners have agility classes and different dog activities although we have never been there for those things. We have stayed there 3 or 4 times for several days each time and just loved it. Hope to stay there again on the way home from Fla next spring. They do have a web page if you are interested.

This sounds like the place for Alexis,especially the agility part.
Laissez les bons temps rouler

Bonnie, Alexis and BECK
ImageImage
BayouLady

Postby BirdbyBird » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:52 pm

ON the Four Paws Kingdom...check their website. Because of their insurance they do have some breed restrictions but with my CRS going on here I am not going to pretend that I remember which ones correctly. :?
BirdbyBird

Return to CG/RV Park Info/Recommendations