Stone Creek RV Park, Schertz, TX (San Antonio area)

Stone Creek RV Park, Schertz, TX (San Antonio area)

Postby Birdie » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:40 pm

City and State: Schertz, TX (near San Antonio)

Location: Exit 177 (FM482/FM2252) on I-35. West side of I-35 about half-way between exit 177 and 176. Is about half a mile west of the frontage road on unnamed side street.

Name of CG: Stone Creek RV Park

CG Website: http://www.stonecreekrvpark.com/index.html

Overall Rating: (on a scale of 1 – 10) 8

Pros: They can handle big rigs, TT's, 5'ers, and tents, and have at least one rental cabin. All are FHU sites, most have trees, covered picnic table, and are pet friendly. Some sites are 30 and some are 50 and they may have a few of both. They have a large building to accommodate rallies. They have made some improvements since 12/2010. In 2011 they have added a dog play yard.

Cons: From my perspective they have two negatives. (1) They have lots of "feral" cats and the cats spray everything. Stinks to high heaven. Be sure you sanitize your water faucet before you hook up your hose. (2) I have yet to find a level spot and they have worked on it making them more level but aren't there yet. I hate having to climb my rig on leveling blocks when I pay those rates.

Comments: Very close to I-35, however, due to the trees you barely hear the traffic.

Rate: check website

Discounts: Good Sam, TACO, FMCA, groups of 10 or more. (Note: To get a TACO (Texas Association of Cg Owners) card, stop at any Texas Visitor Center and ask for a copy of 2011 RV Travel and Camping Guide Texas and it will have the Texas Saver Cards about 1/3 the way through it. It will get you between 10 and 15% discount at member campgrounds. Those campgrounds are listed in the magazine and are mapped out. Another good travel book for Texas is Texas State Travel Guide (http://www.traveltex.com) they will mail to you. This used to be Passport America park but stopped December 31, 2015.
2012 Class A Winnebago 30T (is for sale)
Coach House Platnium (my now rig)
Chevy HHR
Birdie

Location: After 10 years full-time, I am off the road in North FL!

Return to CG/RV Park Info/Recommendations