Big Biloxi Campground in DeSoto NF MS

Big Biloxi Campground in DeSoto NF MS

Postby Birdie » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:58 pm

City and State: Saucier, Mississippi (north of Gulfport)

Directions: From I-10 exit and go north on US49 approximately 10 miles. You will turn left (West) onto DeSoto Park Road (2nd left turn after you go over a bridge and there is a brown sign on the right side of the road pointing to the left with a camping sign) and the campground is approximately .7 miles and on the left side of the road.

Name of CG: DeSoto National Forest - Big Biloxi Campground

CG Website: http://www.fs.fed.us/ Then burrow to Region 8, state of Mississippi or DeSoto National Forest

Overall Rating: 8

Pros: Sites are both away from each other and some not quite as far away. The roads in are all asphalt and well maintained. The sites are fairly well maintained. They each have a 'tent' type ground behind the asphalt spot that you can back up on. The water spigot is quite different as it looks like the old timey water pump - surely you remember those. The electric pedestal is close in and a very good height.

Cons: the back-in sites are a mishmash of short, medium and a couple of longs. They each have a 'tent' type ground behind the asphalt spot that you can back up on. They aren't all level. Some of them slope a lot. Can hear US49 road traffic. Ladies bathroom has one shower and no heat.

Comments: Nice trees all around, has hiking trails. No attendant but does have a Camp Host. Find your spot, fill out the form, tear off your part for your vehicle, place the money in the envelope and take to gate and drop in slot.

Rate: $20 per night. With Golden Age Passport is $13 per night. Rate includes electric and water. No reservations taken for this campground. All sites have electric and water. Dump station near the front gate.
2012 Class A Winnebago 30T (is for sale)
Coach House Platnium (my now rig)
Chevy HHR
Birdie

Location: After 10 years full-time, I am off the road in North FL!

Re: Big Biloxi Campground in DeSoto NF MS

Postby VickieP » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:14 pm

Birdie, those water spigots are the kind that don't freeze. We've seen them in several of the COE campgrounds too. My Dad installed one like that at his house, worked real good, till somebody hit it. (not me!) :)
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Re: Big Biloxi Campground in DeSoto NF MS

Postby Bethers » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:16 pm

That's the kind the state park in KY put in for us Amazon workers, so we could stay beyond what was their season. I'm told the underground ones don't freeze either - just started seeing some of those this past year. First time I did, I didn't think I had water at the site :)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Return to CG/RV Park Info/Recommendations