Potters Creek Park, Canyon Lake, TX (COE)

Potters Creek Park, Canyon Lake, TX (COE)

Postby Birdie » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:55 pm

City and State: Canyon Lake, TX (located west of New Braunfels, Canyon Lake and Canyon City)

Name of CG: Potters Creek Park,

CG Website: Check COE website http://corpslakes.usace.army.mil/visito ... m?state=TX

Overall Rating: (on a scale of 1 – 10) about 10

Pros: Nice environment for fishing, hiking, birding, kayaking, sailing, etc. Nice sites many with shade trees, though there are lots with no trees. Each site has a covered picnic table. There is a boat launch area, and it is quite spacious. There are NO Pull Thrus. They are all back-ins. I love this park. There are 3 or 4 separate shower bathrooms. The showerroom near me had 2 showers and toilets. Nice swimming with beach area. Lots of wildlife.

Cons: One of the showers had the latch broken on it. I expected a lot of weekend traffic and had quite a bit. However, it rained Saturday p.m. and I am sure that kept a lot of people away. Lots of wildlife.

Comments: I would stay here again. Need I say it again, lots of wildlife. The deer are very habituated and some folks feed them out of their hand. Not a good idea as there are several 6, 8 and 10 point bucks and even though they are ‘small’ in size, they can do damage to the body.

Rate: $13.00 nightly rate (for Golden Age/Access pass holders) and $18.00 for others, has 30 and 50 amp and water, with 2 dumps on the way out of the park. The price has gone from $18 a night to $26 in 4 years.
2012 Class A Winnebago 30T (is for sale)
Coach House Platnium (my now rig)
Chevy HHR
Birdie

Location: After 10 years full-time, I am off the road in North FL!

Return to CG/RV Park Info/Recommendations