Indiana Dunes State Park Campground

Indiana Dunes State Park Campground

Postby Paulette » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:37 pm

This is a pretty nice campground with paved sites and the sites themselves are pretty large. There are hiking trails over the dunes to the shore of Lake Michigan. We haven't hiked any. Bailey has a bum back leg right now (not sure but think it is age) and Olivia doesn't want to hike with me. However, we have been to the Lake to swim (she swam, water was too cold for this old broad!) and sunbathe. So far, we are having a nice relaxing time. Tomorrow we go into Chicago to meet up with son #2. It'll be later in the day so we'll find some place to have some dinner and then go back on Tuesday and Wednesday to do the tourist thing. We are about an hour away from Chicago.

Here's a picture of our site.

And a picture of the beach.

And another.

The price is right, I believe it is $20.50 a night. Electric only but they have a water fill station and a dump station nearby.
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Re: Indiana Dunes State Park Campground

Postby Bethers » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:47 pm

Been a long time since I've been there. Glad you like it. Have a great visit with your son. And I hope you enjoy your time in Chicago. Do you have to drive it every day? I really would suggest you drive to the train station and take the train in. If you drive, you might find that hour can be 3 in bad traffic sometimes.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Paulette » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:18 am

Today I'll drive it but thanks for the suggestion as we may see about doing the train the next two days. Weather has broken here and supposed to be nice with no storms for the next few days anyway. Yahoo! Hopefully some of the humidity will go away too.
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby carold » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:47 am

The train is a good idea. We stayed at Starved Park SP about 100 miles west of Chicago and took a train. Easy and didn't have to worry about finding a parking place. Looks like we could have stayed closer :roll: Have fun. carold
carold

Postby Nasoosie » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:40 pm

GREAT campsite, Paulette, and a really pretty beach! Makes me wish I could go swimming. If it ever stops raining here this summer, I will head a short distance away to a fesh water lake beach campsite that I love.

Thanks for the pics! Have a great time!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby avalen » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:04 pm

love the trees and GRASS, a campground with grass! how wonderful
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby cpatinjones » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:54 pm