Wildwood, Florida question

Wildwood, Florida question

Postby Sunseeker » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:23 pm

I need a recommendation for a cg in Wildwood, FL. We will be there next week for a week to visit brother in Lake Pan. I have stayed in Inverness before, but think Wildwood would be closer. I'd love to ask HIM, but we're surprising him with the visit. When we have our route planned out better I will also need info on where to stay in between NJ and Fla.

Thanks!
Sunseeker Jill
also Tommy and furkids Sami and Molly
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Re: Wildwood, Florida question

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:29 pm

Jill......also check out campgrounds and RV Parks in Leesburg and Travares, FL......we've stayed at a couple in this area during the winter months...reasonable priced even during the "snowbird" time....one that pops in my mind is Haines Creek RV Park.....in Leesburg, FL area....I believe they have a web site....but Google the Leesburg, Eustis, Mt. Dora, and Wildwood area they are all in the same area...

In SC the Santee area, along I-95 is nice too......state park and commercial CGs there, too.... and of course, there is always "Pedro's Place" aka..."South of the Board"....they have a nice FHU campground there....

We have stayed 2x at the Interstate Motel's campground, in I think, Waldon, NC.....e/w hookups behind the motel.....great for an over nite or a day or 2...also located right off I-95 just south of VA...

Hope this help....

Lori
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby Sunseeker » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:50 pm

Wow, Lori! Thanks for all the info. I thought that at one time DB told me Leesburg was 45 minutes from him...I thought Wildwood would be a little closer??? He is almost in the town of Lake Pan, southwest side of the lake. Maybe Bushnell would be an option, too..not sure though, I'm not real familiar with the area.

The suggestions for the route down will be helpful too. We plan to Walmart one night and stay someplace comfy for a night also. This will really help.
Sunseeker Jill
also Tommy and furkids Sami and Molly
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:46 pm

You are very welcome!! We mostly stay at Military CGs, but do stay a "civilian" Cgs, too.... ;) Locations in that area feel closer than they are and the roads are good....we do alot of driving around when there with our friends who live there, so sometimes I don't pay attention as I'm usually running my mouth.... :lol: :oops: Also have a route suggestion when going to that part of FL....since I-95 and I-4 can be crazy :roll: .........when you get to around the GA/FL state line..exit from I-95 and take US 301south (I don't have a map right in front of me, so go get your map and follow.... :lol: ) look for route 19, I think it is a US19...and follow that down thru Ocala National Forest......then, if you look south of Ocala, right about around Eustis, FL, you'll find routes to get you to the Inversess/Wildwood area......experience has taught us to stay away from I-95 & I-4 unless we are going to the PARKS or the BEACH..... :roll: :lol: .....If you like to travel the "RED Roads" US 301 and US 17 are our favorites....we do those when not in a hurry....but do hop onto I-95 if they start going away from our destination....so here's some more "helpful hints" for ya' ;)

Lori
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2008 Toyota Tundra
rvgrammy1953

Postby Barbzeee » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:30 pm

Hey Jill, My winter home is in Wildwood, Florida.... did ya know that ???? by the way try the one on 44 right down the road from me... Lake Deaton.. she's pretty reasonable..352 748-2397 and also there is the KOA.. on 44 also in wildwood... When are you going there ? Now the KOA the people that run it are a little whacky but it's also right near I 75

Fernie stayed in that one... she would know how they were....LOL but I think price wise might not be bad and located near everything too...

God Bless

Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Postby Barbzeee » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:45 pm

oops forgot.. this is a place kind of no frills... I stayed in with all my dogs..but since have changed hands and was called Wayside RV actually very close on 301 and near Florida Turnpike...(352) 748-6007 - wait here's their new name... www.villagerrvpark.com check their place out too... ok.. that's all I can think of right now.. hope it helps ya..

See ya tomorrow..

God Bless
Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Postby Paulette » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:30 pm

Lori, I saw the Comfort Inn CG on my way back home this week. Thought about stopping but it was a little early yet. I was hoping to see more of those...thought they would be nice! More Hotels should do that! Of course, I don't know what they were charging, but it looked like a good idea and I assumed you would get use of their pool too. (Which is important to the GD).
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:19 pm

The Interstate Motel CG we stayed at gave us motel perviledges and our site was, I think, $20-$22 for the night....I agree there should be more out there....

Lori
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2008 Toyota Tundra
rvgrammy1953

Return to CG/RV Park Info/Recommendations