Coles Creek State Park - NY

Coles Creek State Park - NY

Postby Cedar518 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:01 pm

Coles Creek State Park is just south of Massena, NY. It is right on the St.Lawrence River and if you get a waterfront site you have a great view of the big ships going by on their way either downbound or upriver. You will be about 10 miles from the Eisenhower Lock, part of the St.Lawrence Seaway where you can see the freighters up close and personal as they are raised and lowered to continue on their way.

Here is my grandson fishing from the shore of our campsite while a big freighter goes by.

Many sites have electricity, the bathhouses are clean, and garbage dropoff and dumping station are convenient. If our scale were 1-10, I'd give this a 9.5 rating for a state park!
Cedar518

Re: Coles Creek State Park - NY

Postby Liz » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:27 pm

Cedar, I just had a chance to look at your blog...beautiful pictures. You need to post more of your travels with pics here when you have time.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Re: Coles Creek State Park - NY

Postby Cedar518 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:50 pm

Thanks Liz,.... I don't get to travel far, so I try to appreciate the beauty right here in the Adirondacks. I'll put up some pics here too,.... :)
Cedar518

Return to CG/RV Park Info/Recommendations