Manatee Hammock Campground Titusville FL

Manatee Hammock Campground Titusville FL

Postby sunshinecruiserTN » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:28 pm

I booked this park when the schedule for the Shuttle Discovery launch on Mar 18. That launch was scrubbed for an April 5 date. That was the date I was scheduled to depart but the launch was at 6:21 a.m. I got to see my very first launch.

This campground is perfect for viewing the launch and it's convenient to Titusville, Cape Canaveral, Cocoa Beach and Cocoa. Oh and it's only about 39 mi from the Orlando Airport. I picked up my gf Cindy and she stayed for about a week with me.

My site, #74, was a corner lot, level w/fhu. The roads are paved going into the park but the sites are sand/grass. Had a couple of days of rain but the rain drained away quickly. You had to rent, $10.06, a fire bin which was recycled washer tubs and it sat atop 2 concrete blocks. It was pretty cool because as you know, a washing machine insides has all the holes around so you could see the fire through the holes. Firewood costs but we had a neighbor who bought by the rick and he shared his with us. You can stay at this county park for 6 months at a time. Lots of snowbirds and snow chicks were there.

Nice park but the smell from Indian Lake was horrible. At first I was thinking I had sewer problems but it was the sulpher from the lake. Great place for viewing the launch, oh sorry, I said that once. Can't remember the daily rate, I was there from 3/16-4/5. I would return but maybe for a shorter time.
Live, Laugh, Love
TN/FL
sunshinecruiserTN

Re: Manatee Hammock Campground Titusville FL

Postby BarbaraRose » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:34 pm

OK, what is "fhu"? And what are snow chicks? Young snowbirds?
Sounds like a nice place. Are there manatees around there (hence the name)? I love lakes, but that smell would get to me in a hurry.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Re: Manatee Hammock Campground Titusville FL

Postby VickieP » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:58 am

FHU= Full hook ups, water, electric and sewer at each site.
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Return to CG/RV Park Info/Recommendations